William =D

DMS Mission addon Contents page

189 posts in this topic

i have noticed this in the CASTLE 183 v2.1

//create possible difficulty add more of one difficulty to weight it towards that
_PossibleDifficulty        =     [    
                                "easy",
                                "moderate",
                                "moderate",
                                "difficult",
                                "difficult",
                                "difficult",
                                "hardcore",
                                "hardcore",
                                "hardcore",
                                "hardcore"
                            ];

if i deleted the "hardcore" only, would it still work by only selecting one of the others

Advertisement
On 12/22/2016 at 8:52 AM, M6mal said:

i have noticed this in the CASTLE 183 v2.1

//create possible difficulty add more of one difficulty to weight it towards that
                                "easy",
                                "moderate",
                                "moderate",
                                "difficult",
                                "difficult",
                                "difficult",
                                "hardcore",
                                "hardcore",
                                "hardcore",
                                "hardcore"
                            ];

if i deleted the "hardcore" only, would it still work by only selecting one of the others

Make sure you remove the last comma too, like this:

"easy",
                                "moderate",
                                "moderate",
                                "difficult",
                                "difficult",
                                "difficult"
                            ];

• Like 1

i have a big problem. Then I installed winter Chernarus map to spawn AI without clothes or weapons? Is there anyone who understands why. It worked before!

Hey all I am hoping to get some advise with moving a mission. I have built a custom base on one of the Tanoa islands and want to poplulate it with AI and a reward crate but it not working as I would have expected. 

Originally I tried to replace all the "saltflats" object file with the objects from the base I created but it seems as though the base was far too massive to "spawn" and pretty much crashed the zone. So as an alternative, I just imported the base into my Mission file as part of the world, cleared out the salt flat object data and the base became a permanent object. I then changed the mission file to reflect AI/static weapons coordinates to their new location thus removing all references to the old saltflats coordinates. I also changed the coordinates to where the crate spawns to reflect the new base location. The results from all of this was strange and unexpected.

The issues,

• Half of the AI spawn dead. This happens immediately and it's not caused by other AI. I was able to log in immediately after server came online and the AI was already dead. My first thought was that they were spawning in on objects so I moved them away from any custom objects but it had no effect.
  • Crate spawns in the sky. The coordinates I gave the crate were based on the coordinates of a temp object placed at that location (most definitely not in the sky) but the mission has the crate floating about 200m in the sky.
  • None of the static weapons are spawning.

Is there a better way of accomplishing this? Would using another existing mission be a better alternative I could use as a template(slums, etc)? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Please note that my server runs A3AXI for dynamic AI spawns/air+ground patrols. 

Thanks all!

Edited by boatdrnx

1 hour ago, boatdrnx said:

Hey all I am hoping to get some advise with moving a mission. I have built a custom base on one of the Tanoa islands and want to poplulate it with AI and a reward crate but it not working as I would have expected. 

Originally I tried to replace all the "saltflats" object file with the objects from the base I created but it seems as though the base was far too massive to "spawn" and pretty much crashed the zone. So as an alternative, I just imported the base into my Mission file as part of the world, cleared out the salt flat object data and the base became a permanent object. I then changed the mission file to reflect AI/static weapons coordinates to their new location thus removing all references to the old saltflats coordinates. I also changed the coordinates to where the crate spawns to reflect the new base location. The results from all of this was strange and unexpected.

The issues,

• Half of the AI spawn dead. This happens immediately and it's not caused by other AI. I was able to log in immediately after server came online and the AI was already dead. My first thought was that they were spawning in on objects so I moved them away from any custom objects but it had no effect.
  • Crate spawns in the sky. The coordinates I gave the crate were based on the coordinates of a temp object placed at that location (most definitely not in the sky) but the mission has the crate floating about 200m in the sky.
  • None of the static weapons are spawning.

Is there a better way of accomplishing this? Would using another existing mission be a better alternative I could use as a template(slums, etc)? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Please note that my server runs A3AXI for dynamic AI spawns/air+ground patrols. 

Thanks all!

The coordinates for each ai and crate make sure the altitude is ,0, I had the same issue once and then I noticed that the ai was spawning in the air then falling to thier death :D

1 hour ago, Razor77 said:

The coordinates for each ai and crate make sure the altitude is ,0, I had the same issue once and then I noticed that the ai was spawning in the air then falling to thier death :D

Well that explains everything. My coordinates were based off the Eden Editor and I simply used the elevation listed. So that explains why AI is dead from falling to their death and the crate is in the sky. I just assumed any other setting would cause them to be in the ground.

Will give it a shot, many thanks!

No problem, I hope this is the reason why for you as it was for me.   It was fun to see them fall from out the clouds :)  If I remember the middle figure of the 3 is the altitude  eg  (1234, 0, 14637)

i found a way to have more than one occupation running. Plus i made 15 of my own

i have occupation.sqf, occupation2.sqf, occupation3.sqf and occupation4.sqf and 5 places in each 

i made a copy of occupation.sqf and edited the altis place names then renamed it occupation2.sqf and so on

occupation.sqf

case "altis":
    {
        _chance = floor(random 5);
        switch (_chance) do
        {
            case 0:
            {
                _pos = [12571,14337,0];
                 _missionName = "Neochori Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Neochori is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Neochori and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Neochori, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 1:
            {
                _pos = [3679,13048,0];
                _missionName = "Kavala Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Kavala is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Kavala and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Kavala, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 2:
            {
                _pos = [16812,12610,0];
                _missionName = "Pyrgos Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Pyrgos is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Pyrgos and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Pyrgos, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 3:
            {
                _pos = [20885,16947,0];
                _missionName = "Paros Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Paros is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Paros and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Paros, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 4:
            {
                _pos = [25764,21344,0];
                _missionName = "Sofia Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Sofia is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Sofia and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Sofia, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
        };
    };

occupation2.sqf

case "altis":
    {
        switch (_chance) do
        {
            case 0:
            {
                _pos = [14031,18691,0];
                 _missionName = "Athira Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Athira is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Athira and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Athira, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 1:
            {
                _pos = [18144,15236,0];
                _missionName = "Charkia Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Charkia is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Charkia and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Charkia, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 2:
            {
                _pos = [5089,11292,0];
                _missionName = "Panochori Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Panochori is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Panochori and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Panochori, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 3:
            {
                _pos = [3782,13726,0];
                _missionName = "Aggelochori Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Aggelochori is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Aggelochori and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Aggelochori, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 4:
            {
                _pos = [9030,12016,0];
                _missionName = "Zaros Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Zaros is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Zaros and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Zaros, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
        };
    };

occupation3.sqf

case "altis":
    {
        switch (_chance) do
        {
            case 0:
            {
                _pos = [20268,11643,0];
                 _missionName = "Chalkeia Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Chalkeia is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Chalkeia and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Chalkeia, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 1:
            {
                _pos = [27085,23255,0];
                _missionName = "Molos Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Molos is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Molos and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Molos, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 2:
            {
                _pos = [16421,17208,0];
                _missionName = "Telos Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Telos is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Telos and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Telos, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 3:
            {
                _pos = [7174,16466,0];
                _missionName = "Kore Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Kore is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Kore and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Kore, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 4:
            {
                _pos = [4892,16183,0];
                _missionName = "Negades Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Negades is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Negades and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Negades, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
        };
    };

occupation4.sqf

case "altis":
    {
        switch (_chance) do
        {
            case 0:
            {
                _pos = [19384,13272,0];
                 _missionName = "Dorida Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Dorida is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Dorida and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Dorida, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 1:
            {
                _pos = [21418,16386,0];
                _missionName = "Kalochori Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Kalochori is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Kalochori and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Kalochori, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 2:
            {
                _pos = [4120,11754,0];
                _missionName = "Neri Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Neri is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Neri and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Neri, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 3:
            {
                _pos = [21721,7528,0];
                _missionName = "Feres Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Feres is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Feres and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Feres, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
            case 4:
            {
                _pos = [8655,18250,0];
                _missionName = "Syrta Occupation";
                _msgStart = ['#FFFF00',"Syrta is under martial law! There are reports they have a large weapon cache..."];
                 _msgWIN = ['#0080FF',"Convicts have successfully assaulted the town of Syrta and secured the cache!"];
                 _msgLOSE = ['#FF0000',"The troops have left Syrta, taking the cache with them..."];
            };
        };
    };

the above go in the static folder

i then edited the map_configs folder altis_config.sqf and added them to my missions

// Add the "saltflats" and "slums" mission to the existing mission types.
DMS_StaticMissionTypes append [["saltflats",1],["occupation",1],["occupation2",1],["occupation3",1],["occupation4",1]];

works perfectly and i also get more than one on occasion come up eg. Kavala and say Dorida

hope this helps people as i had to figure this out myself

Edited by M6mal
  • Like 1

Is there any way you can add zed spawning support with Ryanzombies? Im trying to get a zed mission going with a loot crate at the end.. where the zeds spawn 20 - 40 -80 at a time.. and when the last zed dies the crate spawns or drops or becomes active.

Advertisement