Jamie

A3AP (Arma 3 Admin Panel) For ExileMod

53 posts in this topic

How much access do you as the cloud operator have to server side files, etc?  or is it giving access purely to our database?

I can see many server owners worried about too much access given to where code/content can be compromised. 

regards,

-mIKE

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, cGs! mIKE said:

How much access do you as the cloud operator have to server side files, etc?  or is it giving access purely to our database?

I can see many server owners worried about too much access given to where code/content can be compromised. 

regards,

-mIKE

Me personally, I have access to all database entries, however I have have all entries encrypted. I could decrypt them but I have no intention to do this.

The way the site works is it queries the database and displays the information in a user friendly manor and makes changing data easier with logs for admins, taking away the headache of setting up multiple database accounts and going through mysql backup files / logs to see what changes have been made.

The website also uses a RCON connection to the server to perform live queries to players online and add the ability to kick, tempban, ban and message players

At NO point does the site have access to any server files / Code on the server computer. Unless you load code into the server using a mysql database (I highly doubt you do this). Even if you did do this you would just set up 1 account for the database access with permissions only on the exile database.

Its recommended to create a new database user for the control panel anyway so you can restrict access to your database via IP and set permissions.  This way in the event the site ever got hacked and details got decrypted, they are no good to a hacker as you have the IP whitelisted, therefore blocking any other external attempts to connect to your database.

Hope this answers any of your questions and gives you a little insight to how it works.

46 minutes ago, cGs! mIKE said:

when do you expect to release?

And yes, your response answered exactly what I was asking. thank you.

-mIKE

When i'm satisfied its secure as it can be

21 minutes ago, Crunch™ said:

Any news on this?

Still working on it between work and revising for final exams for the next few weeks. Will give a official update when ready :)

On 4/27/2016 at 0:13 PM, Jamie said:

Still working on it between work and revising for final exams for the next few weeks. Will give a official update when ready :)

Can't wait, once you release I'll probably make an integration for IPB login instead of always having to create admin accounts.

I like Jamie :) but know one in there right mind is going to give your cloud based program access to there database. and claiming you wont do anything based on rep means nothing. You have no rep therefor what you got to loose ?

Now the likes of Marma have a very good backing for Torndeco and Maca and they have been on the Arma scene years and built there rep. 

if i were you id just offer a package to sell and provide updates for fees etc. 

Edited by Valthos™
  • Like 1

Advertisement