Janski

ExAd - Package of Virtual Garage|XM8|StatsBar|Halo & Parachute|Admin Events|Hacking|Grinding|Vehicle Upgrade

2257 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

Right, i saw that.. But what If i wanted to clear the inventory but.. notify the player first... I had a situation where a player stored 8 vehicles full of gear, and discovered that the VG removed it all.. Because there is/was no notifications or directions telling them otherwise.

You can notify players lots of ways on yor server. But players DO NOT READ INFO.    so it  dont help much :).      gonna quote something a player said on our server.  "Noobs gotta learn"  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, that is so true.. But that's true for everyone.. No one knows everything till they do.. I'm just trying to make it as noob friendly as i can. Someone should start an exile site, or add to this site.. Not a how to install and modify exile, but a how to use the mods and how to play exile..

 

Edited by geekm0nkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
20 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

Lol, that is so true.. But that's true for everyone.. No one knows everything till they do.. I'm just trying to make it as noob friendly as i can. Someone should start an exile site, or add to this site.. Not a how to install and modify exile, but a how to use the mods and how to play exile..

 

Why don't you make a YouTube video about it then? :D 
"How to play Exile" Will be a video covered all over YouTube. Every server is set up different therefore you cannot teach players "How to play" and "How to use mods" based off of one video, for example, the ability to store the inventory of the vehicle is purely up to the server owner to turn off or on, so if you write a post or make a video that tells players to empty vehicles before storing them in the VG would be silly as players would see the video and join servers like mine and begin emptying out their Vehicles and risk their lives doing so when there was no need for it in the first place.
It is up to you as a server Admin or Owner to add automessages/information on your website about how your server works and if they don't read it, then that's their fault and they should be told so.

In the event of players losing their inventories and not being warned about it because you failed to tell them you enabled this feature, that's your fault. I could code something into ExAd that warns the player to empty their vehicles before storing but then what would be the point of the "empty inventory" option? Even if it was on or off it would warn the player when they store the vehicle to empty it, preventing it being stored and also not allowing people to store it. 

No point whatsoever in coding a warning message as it would serve no purpose since it would prevent you storing the vehicle anyways so it wouldn't be wiped?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So back to my original request.. I have just discovered another issue. So i set it to let them store the vehicle and inventory.. However, i also use R3F for crates, if they happen to have one loaded. They will loose it. So, I think i still need to figure out how to prevent storing until proper conditions are met, and notify the player of what to do.. Just like spawning a bike, if you don't have duct tape a toast message comes up and lets you know..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crates stored in vehicles from R3F despawn from vehicles on restart anyway.. R3F crates not added to the database .. it's only in memory of the client while they are online, maybe even server memory ( Temporary ) .. .. you just need to inform your players that they need to sell crate and contents before restart  or storing vehicle.. if they dont too bad .. make it clear and eventually they will learn..  they don't read anyway .. your wasting your time .. possibly adding notification when they place the crate in vehicle instead of EXAD telling them .. trust me they learn fast .. I did .. and still forget occasionally .. you don't need to hold their hand.. sometimes loss is enuff of a reminder 

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geekm0nkey said:

So back to my original request.. I have just discovered another issue. So i set it to let them store the vehicle and inventory.. However, i also use R3F for crates, if they happen to have one loaded. They will loose it. So, I think i still need to figure out how to prevent storing until proper conditions are met, and notify the player of what to do.. Just like spawning a bike, if you don't have duct tape a toast message comes up and lets you know..

R3F has NEVER been saved to the database inside of vehicles. It is temporary. All players know this. It's the same for any crate loading scripts you find. It's saved on the vehicle briefly probably with a hideObjectGlobal and what not. Therefore the only check to see if there is a crate in the vehicle lies in R3F. I will not be adding a check for Crates in Vehicles for ExAd. Ever. It is not logical and it would take hours and hours worth of coding for no reason whatsoever. If you want to make a check for vehicle "Crate Inventory" for the Virtual garage, you can do it yourself since it is all in french and i'm not coding something from another addon into ExAd. Especially when default Exile will include a Virtual Garage soon. Anything that would take that long has no point.

This is either something you and your players will have to live with or you could figure out the French in R3F and code it into the ExAd store Vehicle script yourself to warn them of the vehicle's "Crate Inventory" and how it will be deleted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a bit of help again this time with hacking. (adding the custom actions)

mods = ryan's zombies & Demons, Mozzie Mod

Server mods = exile server, infiSTAR

addons = DMS & Occupation v69

here is my mission config.ccp

https://pastebin.com/T3J9UfYN

I've attached a screenshot of what error I'm getting when near any safe in the game.

20180106003558_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, twitch.tv/smokedog77 said:

I need a bit of help again this time with hacking. (adding the custom actions)

mods = ryan's zombies & Demons, Mozzie Mod

Server mods = exile server, infiSTAR

addons = DMS & Occupation v69

here is my mission config.ccp

https://pastebin.com/T3J9UfYN

I've attached a screenshot of what error I'm getting when near any safe in the game.

20180106003558_1.jpg

That error has literally nothing to do with ExAd... Follow the instructions for Hacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Monkeynutz said:

That error has literally nothing to do with ExAd... Follow the instructions for Hacking.

 

I should have been a bit clearer I guess, what I should have said is that issue is related to ExAd  Hacking or my config.cpp formatting, as it only happens when the hacking side of things is implemented, as for following the instructions for hacking you can clearly see that the file edits and extras have been added on the paste of my config.ccp

I have ExAdand VG working as it should it is purely Hacking that is causing this issue

So I ask again, do you know what would cause that and are my edits parsed correctly?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.