Sign in to follow this  
DrScandalous

Tanoa Tips & Tricks?

21 posts in this topic

The Tanoa map is simply... amazing. We have one up. You can disappear into the jungle 10m from another player, and literally walk past something and never see it because of the dense foliage. Lots of ruins, gulleys, hidden villages to explore. And for all the talk of 'lack of enter-able buildings' there's lots that you can enter, some that you can partially enter, and some that you can't enter. The map marker glitch is a bit annoying, but give it time. I'm sure it will get solved. The new vehicles/weapons and camo patterns (vehicles, clothes, weapons) are amazing.

Seriously, if you haven't checked out Tanoa - you should. Personally, I don't see myself playing any other map anytime soon. It fits perfectly with my playstyle (never be seen except when a death message confirms that I was the one that killed you).

Edited by :]v[: Assassin

21 minutes ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

The Tanoa map is simply... amazing. We have one up. You can disappear into the jungle 10m from another player, and literally walk past something and never see it because of the dense foliage. Lots of ruins, gulleys, hidden villages to explore. And for all the talk of 'lack of enter-able buildings' there's lots that you can enter, some that you can partially enter, and some that you can't enter. The map marker glitch is a bit annoying, but give it time. I'm sure it will get solved. The new vehicles/weapons and camo patterns (vehicles, clothes, weapons) are amazing.

Seriously, if you haven't checked out Tanoa - you should. Personally, I don't see myself playing any other map anytime soon. It fits perfectly with my playstyle (never be seen except when a death message confirms that I was the one that killed you).

from deb branch changelog:

Fixed: Map markers were disabled on servers by default in some cases

Edited by Fivenine
  • Like 1

Advertisement
29 minutes ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

It fits perfectly with my playstyle (never be seen except when a death message confirms that I was the one that killed you).

As a solo/lone wolf player who snipes quite often... I am already enjoying it quite a bit. 

2 hours ago, DrScandalous said:

Wait... wut? What do you mean? 

He means that any building with solar panels will have 'better' gear and weapons.

7.62 being the caliber for high-end Assault rifles and standardized dmr's and marksman rifles.

Similar to the AK-47, FN-Fal, ACR 7.62 'Bushmaster', G3, M40A3, M24's etc etc.

On that note, I'm new to Exile but not new to dayz as a whole as I was one of the beta testers for the original mod for arma 2 and played it for years. Wondering if anyones still playing exile and if so, which servers have the best mods/best playerbase community with similar or equal amounts of bandits/survivors for the best experience..

Not a fan of the pve only server as it kind of takes the edge of you and the "survivalist" instincts just goes down the drain with it.

Edited by zantiago

1 hour ago, zantiago said:

He means that any building with solar panels will have 'better' gear and weapons.

7.62 being the caliber for high-end Assault rifles and standardized dmr's and marksman rifles.

Similar to the AK-47, FN-Fal, ACR 7.62 'Bushmaster', G3, M40A3, M24's etc etc.

On that note, I'm new to Exile but not new to dayz as a whole as I was one of the beta testers for the original mod for arma 2 and played it for years. Wondering if anyones still playing exile and if so, which servers have the best mods/best playerbase community with similar or equal amounts of bandits/survivors for the best experience..

Not a fan of the pve only server as it kind of takes the edge of you and the "survivalist" instincts just goes down the drain with it.

a3launcher, gametracker or exilemod.com/servers is your best bet to look for servers.

6 hours ago, zantiago said:

aye, figured that. Already got all of that though.

Just wondering as to which servers would be the best to try out first.

Ahhh,   ok lol.   Just try them all out I wont promote mine but.   I'd try them all and see which you like.

@DrScandalous is a big noob don't listen to him :P

Best places to loot, depends on the server. My one has custom loot spawns so even the fairly lackluster factories have gear in them. Plus a couple of custom buildings to make sure there's loot a plenty! 

As for best places to visit? Lots of hidden and not so hidden gems like Aztec style ruins and stuff

Edited by TurboDude555

Advertisement