Retribution

Kiwi - Base Raiding explosives.. WTF?

57 posts in this topic

Exile is a free mod, the devs owe you NOTHING, unless people shake this "entitled attitude" everyone seems to have these days, all you will get is shit from me :D

Be nice, be friendly and you will be grand!

• Like 6

Well said maca. I think we need separate forums. One forum for devs /  server owners and another for players / w......  no im gonna be nice and not say it.     :-)  Anyway, Thanks to everyone that helps keep everything going with exile. You all know who you are. 

Advertisement
13 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Incredible. Yet another ignorant player/server owner.

MUTHER FUCKING EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Self entitliment is the main reason i hate hosting.

10 hours ago, maca134 said:

Exile is a free mod, the devs owe you NOTHING, unless people shake this "entitled attitude" everyone seems to have these days, all you will get is shit from me :D

Here is comes @Retribution If this happens (again due to people like you) it will mark the 4th TOP CONTRIBUTER to have left the game due to self entitlement.

I suggest you pack your shit an move on. It's totally disgusting how you have flammed these guys.

for fucking MONTHS people complained about raiding. People begged for change.. now that change comes and you proved me 100% abso-fucking-lutly correct......

"easy mode players are going to complain so much that the devs will feel overwhelmed and quit production".

Thanks superman, I heard that Rust has some free slots on those servers....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Retribution said:

Exile is my favorite mod out of any mod i ever played. But some recent changes have marked my want for a revert of changes made in kiwi so the mod lives on. If not, i anticipate a stark decline in my exilemod play and others. MAINLY -  the new base raiding explosives system. W.T.F? Its not configurable serverside?? As in the time it takes to set a charge and number of charges to destroy a wall. 15 minutes or so (i left to take a bathroom break) and it doesn't even take the concrete wall down? Really, talk about insanity.  What was wrong with the old way? Never a set amount of charges in my experience for even a wood wall, and that was good for the gameplay! That wasn't broke, why fix it? The recipes for explosives is editable but thats it? How was this thought of as a good idea? (unless im missing it somewhere, but ive searched extensively) What was wrong with the old system.  Then being told that changing these somehow would break the in game PAID app support? Making money off the backs of the server owners and not letting them edit things to their player bases liking? (if there is a way to edit those things, please let me know!) Not COOL. Seems that this whole base raiding system was built around the app, which, i for one will never download being as i have to pay for it apparently, and its rife with potential for exploit. Not online and your base gets raided? Tough stuff, build it strong and it will last, but nothing lasts forever, and loot respawns!!! 

Kiwi hit a few home runs, but the above being left the way it is breaks base raiding in my opinion. Lose the app and just put it back the way it was.

Mine is just one opinion in the sea of many. Thanks for reading!  

Okay, well first I would like to just state it takes three of each type of explosive to blow up one wall, although it is time consuming, it makes base raiding harder for the raiders, which is kind of a plus. They have to work for it. Its not really that bad, and the reason its better than the old system is because it WAS broken. Not only did the walls before this used to be invincible I believe, and after that was fixed it took an uncertain amount of explosives to get through the wall because placing them the wrong way could fuck it up, but it was just dumb. Now its an actual official part of the mod, and I like that.

And the app? Its not even really necessary. I think its a really nice way for the devs to make some nice money for their hard work. You dont need it to defend your base, just build a really nice unraidable base, surround your flag with a box three walls tall and then keep surrounding it.

Im not yelling at you or saying that you're wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and im sure the devs appreciate the constructive criticism. You make some good points, but I doubt it will create a decline in the player population at all.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2016 at 8:08 AM, Eichi said:

Let me check your servers and see what we can do about your monetization rights. Oh wait, we allow you to monetize OUR work. So who the hell are you to complain that we offer an extra service for a naive price, that took us months to develop and costs us on a monthly basis? If you really think we would be after money, we would privatize Exile and host it on our own. 

You are charging money for a mobile app? Do you guys have licenses from BI for that? ive seen other people get shut down for similar things... I.E CCG

Guy gets mad and makes a post, and then gets flamed for voice his opinion in a way that was harsh. Yet almost everyone in this thread gives the same flaming reply back to the guy, including the moderators and figureheads in the community. @Eichi gave a level-headed reply and addressed his issues instead of just calling him a fucktard like @maca134 did or giving snarky replies. 

My big question is this: Was the app ever a basis for the reason something was designed. I.e. was something done with the idea in mind 'Wait, we have a paid app now, so we need to make sure there is a reason people use it.' Either way I think I'd be okay with it as I haven't given it much thought yet as it's late.

Also, do you guys have to deal with BI monetization issues? Since the app could very well give a player advantage, did you guys have to communicate with BI about that, and is there anything server owners or players need to worry about in that regard?

Final question: you guys talk A LOT about how long it takes to makes these things, which is understandable. But if it's taking so long, why not bring in a few more trusted devs to help? 3 people is extremely small, and adding a few more surely couldn't hurt? If so, what are some of your concerns regarding that?

Again, thanks for all the hard work. I'm looking forward to everyone replies and hopefully we can have some good discussion. Flaming people doesn't achieve anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilot538 said:

Was the app ever a basis for the reason something was designed

No. The app is our idea to go past the borders of Arma and try out something new. This is an experiment to see if something like this could work in a video game. So far, people are just flaming.

do you guys have to deal with BI monetization issues

2 hours ago, Fork said:

You are charging money for a mobile app? Do you guys have licenses from BI for that?

Do not worry about that. We have had a talk with Bohemia Interactive before we have started working on this. It will not affect your server monetization regulations as long as you do not change anything.

why not bring in a few more trusted devs to help?

We have multiple reasons for that. But the main reasons is that we became friends with each other over the last one and a half year. Working with strangers might be a bit odd.

----

I am really SICK about people complaining about the app. Why does everyone think we are getting rich with that? Take 2.49€, reduce it by 25% VAT, then by 30% app store fee, then by 1% currency exchange fee, then by 35% income tax, then by 7% company tax. That is about 44 cents for us to cover the cost.

I can already see myself becoming rich with that! The Exile team! The richest team in the world! We have made so much money, that we can buy tickets for the movies and eat some ice cream! We only had to work one and half year for these! Hooray, we are rich! So rich! But no! Wait! We have to pay hundreds of dollars a month just to keep things alive. So sad, no ice cream for us.

If people really do not understand that we have done this to make YOUR life easier and the game more enjoyable for YOU, then please, go play another mod and cry their shoulders wet.

• Like 4

Advertisement