red_ned

Are any 1.62 1.0.0.0 servers actually up?

Question

I just wondered if anyone has latest everything actually working?

Issues so far:

1. Massive logs of

Spoiler

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.Burst'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: '/' is not a value

21:35:41 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon Burst with scope=private

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.

21:35:41 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.

2. Every time someone joins the server (BE all set to 1 so it can learn) it generates 200k of log files and using BE-AEG my script.txt has climbed past 115k which is huge.

3. Clients keep crashing on join etc

Its all really odd as for the most part things seem to work and the update wasn't as brutal as the 9.8 but nothing seems to work properly so I am asking - is anyone using the latest patches of A3 and Exile and getting it to work. My server is only Altis and main RHS/Mas/HLC mods so nothing special at all. Going through the server list the ones I seem to be finding with people on haven't updated yet so.. anyone actually got this working and have fixes?

Now is not the time to be sitting on fixes when the rest of the community is having a terrible time so please, if you have them, give out some fixes......

cheers

36 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Riker2335 said:

My understanding with this is that if you do add them to the server, you may either cause problems with missing models for the users that do not have the DLC (like any other missing mod) or they won't be able to connect at all as they don't have the Apex expansion. I welcome being corrected though - I'd love to add them to my server.

that's like the heli/kart stuff, just wondered if it was the same for Apex

Advertisement

I thought everything was fine but then I come on today and most everything is broken. Server didn't restart as scheduled. AI is frozen, they won't move even if you shoot them. They die standing up and in attack pose. Players can't pull anything out of their safes or vehicles and occasionally the lag spikes so bad it kicks everyone for too high ping, whereas before 1.0.0 and APEX players were getting fantastic FPS. Going to do a fresh install of everything and see if that changes anything. *fingers crossed.

@red_ned Don't know if this will help but when I went to join your server, I noticed a difference between my live/test and yours. When I join servers, I go through the vanilla Arma Launcher. But instead of joining from the first launcher that pops up after opening Arma I click play, which loads Arma then click multiplayer, old habits, whatever. Either way, I get to see on the bottom right the signature check icons (red/green/etc.). On my test and live server the Exile/RHS icons are all green and APEX/Karts/Heli/Marksmen are blacked out (before the update older DLC would always be red but this was OK). This is the case for every server so far I have seen that has updated to the new Apex 1.62, blacked out icons but for some reason your icons show up to me as red. Don't know if that helps you at all. Photos below to let you see what I am talking about:

This is mine and many others that I have been able to get into:

Good.jpg

This is what your server shows me:

Bad.jpg

EDIT: Was still able to join your server with no problems, drove around shot some things, killed myself and respawned a few times with no issues.

Edited by Timmay

@red_ned hi red you sound as stressedas I do. I noticed last night I was still getting a lot of disconnects, even I could not get in my server, until I deleted my "player" section on the DB. I could then get in the server, still wasnt the smoothest loading in but I got in. So I the wiped the whole "player" table and now I am getting players in that could not before. Ok players have lost the pop tabs they was carying but that can be sorted. Chees hope we get it sorted 

cheers all, think I will be dropping HLC and atm not going with NIArms as it uses CBA_A3 which comes with its own issues.

The mods show green for me (strange the hlc mod shows fine on my dev but red on live), some people are joining ok randomly but I will take a look at removing the players entries.

Now I just have to try to turn off my OCD about all the random crap in the RPT and try to get people on the server

thanks all, your help is much appreciated

• Like 1

Is all these issues a bug that will be fixed or is it an error that I have done, that's what I want to know. My Chernarus server I have made no changes apart from the update and this has issues too so I'm guessing it's a bug. But I don't want to be sat waiting for a fix only to find its something I have done.  I have noticed more players get in Chernarus than the Tanoa server? I do hope this is an apex issue and not anything I have done :D. But it is strange how some are getting in and others are constantly kicked at the loading screen.

Advertisement