Eichi

Exile 3DEN Plugin

14 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to load an existing mission into the editor so it can be edited? For example, you spend 8 hours placing all of your traders, static objects, markers, etc. and export them, only to later find out that something is placed incorrectly. I am able to load the mission up, but from the editor itself I do not see any of the objects. If I place a player character and click Play, I can then see the static objects and markers, but not the trader AI. Go back to the editor, and everything is gone again, making it impossible to easily move an object.

My current "solution" is to place each trader and its associated display objects as separate groups, and when copying the objects to the correct file I add a comment line first that informs which trader they belong to. This way, if I find a trader is messed up, I can delete the items for just that specific trader and start again. But it would be so much easier if I could just load those items so that they are visible in the editor and adjust the positions of a few items, as opposed to clearing everything out and starting over again.

20 minutes ago, Ninja2dan said:

Does anyone know how to load an existing mission into the editor so it can be edited? For example, you spend 8 hours placing all of your traders, static objects, markers, etc. and export them, only to later find out that something is placed incorrectly. I am able to load the mission up, but from the editor itself I do not see any of the objects. If I place a player character and click Play, I can then see the static objects and markers, but not the trader AI. Go back to the editor, and everything is gone again, making it impossible to easily move an object.

My current "solution" is to place each trader and its associated display objects as separate groups, and when copying the objects to the correct file I add a comment line first that informs which trader they belong to. This way, if I find a trader is messed up, I can delete the items for just that specific trader and start again. But it would be so much easier if I could just load those items so that they are visible in the editor and adjust the positions of a few items, as opposed to clearing everything out and starting over again.

Use the default save option for missions  befor you exporting something without safe all hours of work. ^^ So you can later easy editing them if something missplaced. my missions folder contains over 40 missions with objects for our exile servers. so the easy way its safe them with the default Save option.

Advertisement