John

[Updated] ExileReborn - A complete survival package

889 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, FluffyBunnyFee said:

My only gripe about this would be the use of Ryan Zombies, as I find they aren't any particular threat at all and just add the zombie aspect  with no real substance.

Cripes, I must be a complete noob because these buggers scare seven shades of shit outta me...

I made the mistake of opening a door without looking in the window only to have a [runner] zombie explode (metaphorically) through the open door screaming "bbaaarrggghhhhhhh", arms flailing around hitting me, his scream drowned out by mine as I freak the f*ck right out and empty a full 45 round RPK magazine into the scenery in panic. I did get him (with the second mag) but more through good luck than good management, or aim for that matter. 

• Like 3

Anyone else been adding additional BE restriction than the one John has provided in Github? I was wondering if this is happening because i'm not using INFISTAR, which cause additional things need to be whitelisted?

Advertisement
2 hours ago, SaintZ said:

not 100% sure but try just adding the initplayer local and initserver from the Zombie version to the regular version........Might work unless there is something in there to do with zombies...haven't looked but cant think of anything that would be there off hand.

so to reiterate just download the regular version and the zombie version from the GitHub and grab up the initplayerlocal and interserver from the mpmission file and transfer it to yours....OH!! and you will need the spawns from the mission.sqm as well....if you decide to just copy that over you will have to comment out anything that has to do with RyanZombies

I agree but in theory the mission from the regular version are designed for altis positions and missions like convey could end up in the water and over before it starts. But I don't know. I also have a issue with the no adding other scripts as I have custom loadouts and a quad bike script for bambis as well as rearm and other ones. So I feel I will never be adding reborn. Nor will I rename my server to meet the requirements. 

7 hours ago, jungleNZ said:

Did you clear out the vehicles in your database before starting Tanoa server up? Think that fixes the low vehicle number.

Hi, many Thanks! That was the Solution! :D

And another Question - the Fuel-Stations on Tanoa have no more Refuell-Function for Vehicles. Only Gas-Canister can be refuelled. is it this way in Mod? But for heli - refuelling ist it a hardcore-job :)

3 minutes ago, jmayr2000 said:

I agree but in theory the mission from the regular version are designed for altis positions and missions like convey could end up in the water and over before it starts. But I don't know. I also have a issue with the no adding other scripts as I have custom loadouts and a quad bike script for bambis as well as rearm and other ones. So I feel I will never be adding reborn. Nor will I rename my server to meet the requirements. 

You wont end up out in the water if you port the spawns over from the tanoa mission.sqm (this is where you define your player spawns) and I think (not 100% sure) he said he just wouldn't add your server to his list if you didn't change the name. But yeah if you want to give your bambi's things like quad bikes right off the bat then this really isn't the mod for you anyways. This is only for people that want a hardcore non-candy coated version of Exile. This configuration brings us back to the good ol days of arma sandbox survival where everything you have can be taken and you have to fight for and earn everything you have against all odds.

You ever player DayZ and take a vehicle from someone and you're so stoked because its something so hard to obtain. Or player arma 2 epoch and kill someone that had like 5 briefcases of gold. This bring back those feelings of true accomplishment.

Not saying there is anything wrong with the gameplay that you provide on your server. Just saying this is a totally different cup of tea.

3 minutes ago, obermaig said:

And another Question - the Fuel-Stations on Tanoa have no more Refuell-Function for Vehicles. Only Gas-Canister can be refuelled. is it this way in Mod? But for heli - refuelling ist it a hardcore-job :)

Havent tried on Tanoa yet but helis I have been able to refuel just by landing on the fuel stations. In cars you can just drive up and turn off your engine and it begins refueling. Also, in cars, if you look at the pump while holding alt and scroll wheel you should be getting a "refuel" at pump option.....I think... but I know driving up and turning off your engine does the trick....and never had any problems with heli. Just make sure you are sitting still so maybe throw it in auto-hover to help out. Or if the top of the gas station is big enough just land on it.

hope this helps

10 minutes ago, SaintZ said:

Havent tried on Tanoa yet but helis I have been able to refuel just by landing on the fuel stations. In cars you can just drive up and turn off your engine and it begins refueling. Also, in cars, if you look at the pump while holding alt and scroll wheel you should be getting a "refuel" at pump option.....I think... but I know driving up and turning off your engine does the trick....and never had any problems with heli. Just make sure you are sitting still so maybe throw it in auto-hover to help out. Or if the top of the gas station is big enough just land on it.

hope this helps

ok, thank you, I test it. The Reborn is really GREAT! it is addictive, to build a vehicle together and remain alive!

1 hour ago, obermaig said:

Fuel stations have auto refuelling disabled, this is by design.

Fueling your vehicle is a task and a risk, especially because hoards can spawn at fuel stations.

I will work on bringing the base Reborn back upto date, it just got away from me, will not be a big task.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Fuel stations have auto refuelling disabled, this is by design.

Fueling your vehicle is a task and a risk, especially because hoards can spawn at fuel stations.

I will work on bringing the base Reborn back upto date, it just got away from me, will not be a big task.

Thanks for Ansfer, John!

Is a good Idea, we have already met the Horde at the gas station, was really stressful to survive! makes sense to be on the alert!

I love this mod!!!

• Like 1

Advertisement