[RG] Salutesh

IMS - Development Paused

151 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Irkutsk38 said:

I welcome! And it is normal when the General lies on the earth? Altis.

bandicam 2016-12-28 21-21-36-696.jpg

Yes he is wounded and dies after he handed you over the mission instructions. He should also do animations that shows his pain.

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
  • Like 1

Advertisement
2 hours ago, [RG] Salutesh said:

Yes he is wounded and dies after he handed you over the mission instructions. He should also do animations that shows his pain.

Ok. Thanks for the answer.

Hi, great mission addon.  I added it in and almost everything works fine.   But I have almost the same problem as Bou_ray.   I inspect  the initial document but get a "picture icons/holdaction_read.paa not found" (same for other objects when I inspect them).  I think it is a matter of setting the path to the .paa files in my mission files but haven't found where that is defined yet.   I can do all the tasks and the toasts appear but none of them have the graphic icons in them.  And is there an actual task list that I can view somewhere?    I'm also not always getting the reinforcements even though I've set it to send in reinforcements.  I'm sometimes getting this In my ,rpt file:

18:18:42 Warning: Convex component representing Skids not found
18:18:42 Array mat in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1HL_base/Damage/ not multiply of 3
18:18:42 Exile_Chopper_Huey_Armed_Desert: Glass7_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass7
18:18:42 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_M240/Turrets/RightDoorGun/: Turret body Turret2 not found while initializing the model exile_psycho_uh1h\uh1h_m240.p3d

18:18:42 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_M240/Turrets/CoPilotObs/: Turret body ObsTurret not found while initializing the model exile_psycho_uh1h\uh1h_m240.p3d
18:18:42 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_M240/Turrets/CoPilotObs/: Turret gun ObsGun not found while initializing the model exile_psycho_uh1h\uh1h_m240.p3d
18:18:42 Warning: Adding units to a remote group is not safe. Please use setGroupOwner to change the group owner first.

So I think this is sometimes preventing the UH1H from spawning in.  I don't think this is an issue with this mod though.  But I haven't yet found where the reinforcement heli is set.

Other times, a heli spawns and drops paratroopers and then lands and just sits there.  When it does that; I get this in my ,rpt:

19:41:56 Error in expression <dropPoint];
};
} forEach (crew _heli);
if (_remainAsGunship) then
{
[
[driver _>
19:41:56   Error position: <if (_remainAsGunship) then
{
[
[driver _>
19:41:56   Error if: Type String, expected Bool
19:41:56 File x\addons\dms\scripts\fn_HeliParatroopers_Monitor.sqf, line 105

How would I make it continually just circle, strafing the players?  And when it drops paratroopers, they all drop at the beginning. How could I tie them to triggers so there is a wave when the computer is hacked, the security disabled, etc.?

I'm going to keep poking around to try to figure these out but you probably know the mechanics better than I do and possibly identify the problem faster than I can.  Thanks for a great addon!

EDIT:  I found all the icon paths.... the helis are still inconsistent though.  And sometimes it does circle and strafe.

Edited by Bob_the_K

3 hours ago, Bob_the_K said:

Hi, great mission addon.  I added it in and almost everything works fine.   But I have almost the same problem as Bou_ray.   I inspect  the initial document but get a "picture icons/holdaction_read.paa not found" (same for other objects when I inspect them).  I think it is a matter of setting the path to the .paa files in my mission files but haven't found where that is defined yet.   I can do all the tasks and the toasts appear but none of them have the graphic icons in them.  And is there an actual task list that I can view somewhere?    I'm also not always getting the reinforcements even though I've set it to send in reinforcements.  I'm sometimes getting this In my ,rpt file:

18:18:42 Warning: Convex component representing Skids not found
18:18:42 Array mat in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1HL_base/Damage/ not multiply of 3
18:18:42 Exile_Chopper_Huey_Armed_Desert: Glass7_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass7
18:18:42 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_M240/Turrets/RightDoorGun/: Turret body Turret2 not found while initializing the model exile_psycho_uh1h\uh1h_m240.p3d

18:18:42 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_M240/Turrets/CoPilotObs/: Turret body ObsTurret not found while initializing the model exile_psycho_uh1h\uh1h_m240.p3d
18:18:42 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_M240/Turrets/CoPilotObs/: Turret gun ObsGun not found while initializing the model exile_psycho_uh1h\uh1h_m240.p3d
18:18:42 Warning: Adding units to a remote group is not safe. Please use setGroupOwner to change the group owner first.

So I think this is sometimes preventing the UH1H from spawning in.  I don't think this is an issue with this mod though.  But I haven't yet found where the reinforcement heli is set.

Other times, a heli spawns and drops paratroopers and then lands and just sits there.  When it does that; I get this in my ,rpt:

19:41:56 Error in expression <dropPoint];
};
} forEach (crew _heli);
if (_remainAsGunship) then
{
[
[driver _>
19:41:56   Error position: <if (_remainAsGunship) then
{
[
[driver _>
19:41:56   Error if: Type String, expected Bool
19:41:56 File x\addons\dms\scripts\fn_HeliParatroopers_Monitor.sqf, line 105

How would I make it continually just circle, strafing the players?  And when it drops paratroopers, they all drop at the beginning. How could I tie them to triggers so there is a wave when the computer is hacked, the security disabled, etc.?

I'm going to keep poking around to try to figure these out but you probably know the mechanics better than I do and possibly identify the problem faster than I can.  Thanks for a great addon!

EDIT:  I found all the icon paths.... the helis are still inconsistent though.  And sometimes it does circle and strafe.

Hello there, so the image problem is gone for you?

About witch mission and map we are talking about? 

Edited by [RG] Salutesh

Yes, I fixed the images.  Thank you.   I'm using the Tanoa map and the IMS_Fortress mission.   I also noticed that some of the AI are killing each other before I even get to the island.  I then edited IMS_fortress_tanoa.sqf and changed many of the behaviors from "SAFE" to "COMBAT" (to make them more agressive and use cover more) and increased the AI count to 40, increased the waves to three, and set the value to keep the heli flying around as a gunship to TRUE.  But I still only got one wave, and the heli released the first wave and then just landed.  And many of the AI still kill each other before I get on the island.

The ai killing each other because of the DMS frezzing ai option, this will be replaced in a furture update with the new arma 3 dynamic simulation system if its going live on the arma 3 stable branch: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dynamic_Simulation

I will take a look into the reinforcements too and much more.

Please keep in mind that this system is still in development and there will be much more improvements and fixes and additions in the future, i just have other prioritys for the last days of this year:)

Edited by [RG] Salutesh

Well, I left the default of dynamic simulation  = false.  Do you think that enabling it may help?   I may try that anyway.   And lastly, how do I actually get to the task list as tasks get added?  I looked in the PDA but can see no way to access the tasks themselves to see the details.

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Bob_the_K said:

Well, I left the default of dynamic simulation  = false.  Do you think that enabling it may help?   I may try that anyway.   And lastly, how do I actually get to the task list as tasks get added?  I looked in the PDA but can see no way to access the tasks themselves to see the details.

Thanks!

Dynamic Simulation is not ready yet to use so just leafe it at false for now pls.

You have to open up the map and select the task menu to get the mission informations :)  

Just a few more thoughts and observations.. no matter what I do, the waves of reinforcements never arrive past the first one.   And the heli actually shows up and drops troops before the mission actually starts.  Shouldn't it start once the secret document is picked up?  I don't know if it is possible to set triggers for the reinforcements so they show up on the completion of the tasks....

I'm going to work on defining arrays for the crate contents so they're somewhat more random than the same items every time.  The other thing that would make it more interesting is to set an array for the location of the computer, and maybe even some of the other event items.   Each array would have several locations where the task item could spawn.  That way if people were to do the same mission over again, it would be slightly different each time.  I did that with Sector B on Arma2/Taviana.   Machine gunners were on the wall, for example, but would spawn in at different locations each time.  Likewise for the units.   That way people couldn't figure on a set attack plan every time.  I haven't played around with 3DEN yet to know how to do that though.  I think that'll be my next priority - to learn 3DEN.

Again, great addon!  One of the best out there!

Advertisement