ProtoFlex

Missing } but can't find where it's meant to be.

Question

Hello everyone!

I just recieved this error and it has me confused:

https://gyazo.com/75704d033e1e1612878013ace7835db0

As you can see that line has no place for a }, or at least i don't think it does. The only thing i can think of is it is something to do with a different file that is called from my description.ext, the only file i can think of that has anything to do with classes is my config.cpp but i can't see anything wrong with it, maybe i'm just blind but could someone please provide an extra set of eyes.

http://pastebin.com/Hg2HDyNi

Thanks!

16 answers to this question

If it's a picture or texture that is being called before the mission is fully loaded you'll get these types of errors. Same thing would happen if you add a loading screen picture for your server. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Like 1

Hello ProtoFlex,

While I did not look and the attached items you provided, do this.  Open up that file in NotePad++.  It will mark the 'open/close' brackets and will help you find where the missing one goes!

:)

• Like 1

Advertisement
10 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello ProtoFlex,

While I did not look and the attached items you provided, do this.  Open up that file in NotePad++.  It will mark the 'open/close' brackets and will help you find where the missing one goes!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i took a look at this but i don't see the problem, i've never really messed around with the classes, until recently i attempted to add my own for CUP, maybe i'm just blind but i can't see the issue.

Edited by ProtoFlex

Well, for me, when I use Notepad++, it marks the brakets as red and draws a line connecting the start to the finish.  This is how you can find where the missing item would be.

I have included 2 screenshots showing what I mean.  Using this to find the missing one is easy!

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

This error says that desciption.ext is your problem and you posted a copy of your config. You should check your rpt for better details on what is wrong.

2 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

This error says that desciption.ext is your problem and you posted a copy of your config. You should check your rpt for better details on what is wrong.

I stated that i can't figure out why the error would be apart of the description.ext as the appointed line does not contain any brackets, the only thing i have changed is my config.cpp.

15 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Well, for me, when I use Notepad++, it marks the brakets as red and draws a line connecting the start to the finish.  This is how you can find where the missing item would be.

I have included 2 screenshots showing what I mean.  Using this to find the missing one is easy!

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

Thank you, i will take a look at this now.

class CfgExileArsenal, class CfgCUPWeapons, class CfgCUPUnits, class CfgCUPVehicles all don't have closing brackets. Also CfgExileArsenal is listed twice.

2 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

class CfgExileArsenal, class CfgCUPWeapons, class CfgCUPUnits, class CfgCUPVehicles all don't have closing brackets. Also CfgExileArsenal is listed twice.

Damn i'm stupid, well thanks man i appreciate it!

Advertisement