1.66 BUGS/PROBLEMS HOTFIX Released!

467 posts in this topic

Great work well done ... but I think my moderate skills I would struggle for PBO excute for custome code at least can you guys pop that up it would Help so many overs ))

Edited by Matrix0110

Within regards to the last line in ExileServer_system_network_setupEventHandlers.sqf

Instead of this:

Remove (or use // at the beginning of the line):
addMissionEventHandler ["HandleDisconnect", { [_uid, _name] call ExileServer_system_network_event_onHandleDisconnect; }];

It should be this line that is removed or commented out:

addMissionEventHandler ["HandleDisconnect", { _this call ExileServer_system_network_event_onHandleDisconnect; }];

I sent a Personal Message to @ Ultima-weapon to confirm this and they replied with:

Sorry, yes, that is the line that needs to be removed. Mine looks different cuz i was testing different things and forgot what the original code looked like.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, ltc_bullet said:

Thank you m8 i see the server one but the client ...is like i don't where is this exile_client.pbo is that on my mission pbo or on my server files ...sorry if i sound stupid but i'm a noob to all this sorry

the client files are in the @exile folder. the exact same folder that CLIENTS need to connect to the servers. Your server also has it as well. Instead of looking in the @ExileServer folder, check for the @Exile folder. hope this helps!

I dont think this FIx working its only reducing the problem
 i have testing it now with 5 differetn players not all disconnetcs and connects are duping but after 15 connects and disconnects still 6 duping chars.

its also not saving the character correctly a couble off times you got pushback too are location from 5min befor.

Please be aware that this is NOT a fix, but a workaround. If you implement this on your server, you will have to revert your changes when (if?) Arma updates.

I personally think it is unacceptable that this company destroys almost all mods, is made aware of this within hours and then just quits into the weekend without publishing an emergency update. They have had eight hours per employee available yesterday. That should have been enough. But what do I still care? ...

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, Eichi said:

Please be aware that this is NOT a fix, but a workaround. If you implement this on your server, you will have to revert your changes when (if?) Arma updates.

I personally think it is unacceptable that this company destroys almost all mods, is made aware of this within hours and then just quits into the weekend without publishing an emergency update. They have had eight hours per employee available yesterday. That should have been enough. But what do I still care? ...

Im out of likes.....I agree

How many would be playing Arma if it wasn't for all these mods....not many

Edited by Razor77

@Sgt. ScrapMetal You are right, this is not a true 'Fix' per-say. It is more like a band-aid until BI releases the real fix to 1.66. However, the issue that you are experiencing is more due to low server response (or server FPS), likely a result of too man AI on the server. In order to get the (now AI) unit that was previously the player that disconnected. The server must check each unit on the server for a variable containing the players UID. These requests are then stacked in a queue by the server until the server can process them. If you are testing this with multiple players constantly connecting and disconnecting rapidly, you are putting a lot of load on the server to both manage the connect scripts (which are a lot) to include possible mission file download and manage searching every AI unit each time a player disconnects. If the server equipment is not fast enough to process all of these requests, it is possible to get a unit to still be visible to players on reconnect. However, it is also very likely that when the server catches up, all old player units will be handled. While the testing you are doing shows a flaw in the band-aid, it does not represent normal player behavior. Again, the fix is nothing more than a band-aid to get everyone by while BI gets their act together and fixes the source of the problem. Enjoy!

Edit: Additionally I just purposely spawned 20+ missions containing 40+ units each to try an bog down my server and had players disconnect and reconnect rapidly and was unable to replicate what you are experiencing. The players' remaining units were instantly de-spawned the moment they disconnected.

Edited by Ultima-weapon

Advertisement