1.66 BUGS/PROBLEMS HOTFIX Released!

467 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, CameraChick said:

Is there a way to STOP Arma from Auto-Updating?

On the client side, not that I know of as Steam seems to like making sure things are always up to date. Server side?  that'll depend on who you are hosting with. My server is my own and I can update that when I'm ready so no, the server side of things isn't mandatory as mine is still 1.64. I've locked it in the meantime regardless.

57 minutes ago, CameraChick said:

Is there any chance that when this is all fixed that my server will need to be reset and everything wiped?

The fixes I've seen on this forum appear to not be database related and more about the handling of events. The only reason I can see that you'd need to wipe it is you had a heap of players duping and they made a really big mess of the server economy.

If you apply the workarounds in this thread, you should be able to undo them afterwards by just putting the original Exile files back the way they were before you edited them.

• Like 1

Custom keybind for locking/unlocking will now only LOCK vehicles, it will spam the lock function even if the vehicle is already locked. Manual scroll is required to unlock.

Placing a backpack in a storage item (safe,crate,vehicle,etc) , picking up another backpack and then picking up the 1 before will cause your backpack to be deleted after a few seconds.

(why the fuck is my text so small D: )

Edited by Rangecreed

Advertisement
7 hours ago, CameraChick said:

1.) Is there a way to STOP Arma from Auto-Updating?

2.) Is there any chance that when this is all fixed that my server will need to be reset and everything wiped? Or is it a pretty straightforward hotfix that will not affect any of that?

Arma3Legacy164>> steamlibary >> arma 3 >> properties >> betas >> enter "Arma3Legacy164" in the box >> click check code >> click drop down box >> select "Arma3Legacy164" >> now in 164.

and next update to downgrade will be Arma3Legacy166, Arma3Legacy168... etc.. etc..

• Like 1

i've made a temporary fix to save progress into database. thanks to Ultma-weapon and Yesyesjo for pointing me in the right direction. 
1. find: ExileClient_system_process_postInit.sqf in client side
2. find line:  [300, ExileClient_object_player_save, [], true] call ExileClient_system_thread_addtask;
3. change to: [10, ExileClient_object_player_save, [], true] call ExileClient_system_thread_addtask;
4. save as: save it into fixes folder in mp mission files if you followed Ultima-weapon's instructions at the start of this topic.
5. in config.cpp under class CfgExileCustomCode, add:
ExileClient_system_process_postInit = "fixes\ExileClient_system_process_postInit.sqf"; 

this changes the save progress from 5 minutes to 10 seconds.  

Edited by digDoug
  • Like 1

How the hell is this still marked as need more info after they confirmed they can reproduce this, AND how the hell is this normal urgency as these errors are stopping servers from running okay... 

Looks like we wont be getting any patch any time soon guys :(

what the hell.png

40 minutes ago, CSwords said:

How the hell is this still marked as need more info after they confirmed they can reproduce this, AND how the hell is this normal urgency as these errors are stopping servers from running okay... 

what the hell.png

cause this error is just for exile and there are tons of mods out there that need to be tested and confirmed. 

2 hours ago, CSwords said:

what the hell.png

Hot fix most likely coming tomorrow. Arma 3 just tweeted it

Let us pray, that all of the exile fixes, and script fixes get updated. This way we can still have exile for more months.

We all on board helping to figure out these next bugs? seems we can use a small, experienced team.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SneakyDuServer said:

Let us pray, that all of the exile fixes, and script fixes get updated. This way we can still have exile for more months.

We all on board helping to figure out these next bugs? seems we can use a small, experienced team.

With the community here, well the majority of people anyway. I have no fear that everything will be okay and we will have a fantastic amount of help to keep Exile alive and kicking.

• Like 4

Advertisement