Razor77

Dead Player Text

12 posts in this topic

Hi Mr Infistar,

Just a quick question, I know we have other issues with updates but thought I would ask.  

Is there a way to change the colour of the text that shows dead players on the map, the reason I ask is because we are running Chernarus Winter and we cant see the white text on the map?  again not important just a general question.

Advertisement

Well there is dead player icons within the map icons but to change the color of that you would need to change some script code :)

2 minutes ago, infiSTAR said:

Well there is dead player icons within the map icons but to change the color of that you would need to change some script code :)

ok, dont worry then just thought it might be a quick change of a script I could do.

We are only running the winter map for a few weeks so the admin will manage as it is :)

Thanks Razor

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Metalman10 said:

ExileClientLastDeathMarker = createMarkerLocal [format ["Death%1", time], getPos player];
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerShapeLocal "ICON";
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerTypeLocal "KIA";
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed";	//This could be where you can help change it, try something like ColorWhite or ColorBlue...
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerAlphaLocal 0.5;

Is that the red skull marker?  

Im looking for the infistar text on the map markers where it shows dead players and vehicles.

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys....but dont worry about it,  we all have bigger issues at the moment...thanks to 1.66 :) 

InfiStar exile_at.sqf

search

if(mapiconsshowdeadplayer)then
    {
        {
            if(!isNull _x)then
            {
                _name = _x call fnc_get_exileObjName;
                _veh = vehicle _x;
                _dist = round(_veh distance player);
                _txt = format['%1 (%2m)',_name,_dist];
                if(getPlayerUID _x != '')then
                {
                    _txt = format['%1 (%2m) (DEAD, but still watching)',_name,_dist];
                };
                _type = typeOf _veh;
                _clr = [1,1,1,1]; //change to [0,0,0,1];
                _icon = getText(configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> _type >> 'icon');
                _ctrl drawIcon [_icon, _clr, getPosASL _veh, _iscale, _iscale, getDir _veh,_txt];
            };

_clr = [1,1,1,1]; //change to [0,0,0,1]; ??? 

1 person likes this

@Razor77 In order to change the white icon/text for dead players as displayed when turning on "Show Dead Players" in the @infiSTAR Map Icons, you would need to edit the color in one of the infiSTAR files. infiSTAR hinted at it in his reply. The file I believe you need to look at is "EXILE_AT.sqf". Open the file in your text editor and search for mapiconsshowdeadplayer and mapiconsshowdeadvehicles. Pretty sure those sections are what you are looking for. 

1 person likes this

Advertisement