Sign in to follow this  
suilles

roaming AI

5 posts in this topic

well i used default settings for the a3dms and  Occupation and it still wont spawn any roaming AI.

missions will spawn but no roaming ones.

so what could be the problem for it?

Advertisement

Have you reviewed your RPT logs for any occupation related errors? The logs will tell you what add-ons the server is running and Occupation's logs are pretty good so it'll tell you when it starts and what it's doing so you should be able to track down the problem.

1 hour ago, Riker2335 said:

Have you reviewed your RPT logs for any occupation related errors? The logs will tell you what add-ons the server is running and Occupation's logs are pretty good so it'll tell you when it starts and what it's doing so you should be able to track down the problem.

well im still very very new to all this. but i looked into the logs but i cant seem to find the problem. me stupid.. lol

well i changed the "error typo" but now it says they spawn but i dont see any. also when i load in then it shows the tanoa picture for map. but when i go on it then i get altis.

i want altis but its preset to tanoa it seems and i cant seem to find a guide how to set it to altis.

this is the last log https://github.com/suilles/my-file/projects

Edited by suilles

Okay, that's damn hard to read in that format but it's pretty clear it's spawning in military AI all over the place about 3/4 of the way through those logs.

Just a suggestion, if you want to clearly see where the AI are being placed try this setting:

SC_mapMarkers                    = false;                    // Place map markers at the occupied areas (occupyPlaces and occupyMilitary only) true/false

It's in the config.sqf of the Occupation pbo file. Bear in mind the AI aren't all spawned in within a few seconds of the server starting, to prevent the server from crashing as tonnes of AI are spawned in, the server does it slowly with an initial gap to allow players to log in after a reboot.

Should help with debugging the problem, I've used that myself to see the spawn in rate and where it's putting them.....

Advertisement