MGgaming101

Serious question

15 posts in this topic

Those who are capable of having a sensible conversation feel free to share your thoughts.

Will Exile in the near/late future gain more content or will it remain in the current state as it is ?. 

Edited by MGgaming101

Advertisement

I would also love to see all that stuff added, our community was quite looking forward to fishing, hunting and farming. I know there was a rudimentary hunting script available but it got pulled from the forum when Exile Reborn came to be along with the repair script, so we are gutted that we couldn't even implement that until the Exile Dev team got the base game stuff implemented, which now probably won't happen.

I would love to see more stuff / features added (boarding up buildings, putting locks on building doors, fishing, farming, hunting, weed harvesting, more advanced vehicle repair system, mining for gold, silver and gems etc,  and the list goes on) but being realistic I don't think it's going to happen without community mods / addons, and that will all depend on the scripting skills of those adding / writing the scripts or add-ons (I really wish I had the skills or even the time and mind set to learn them).

My fear is that one day bohemia are going to break exile so badly with an update, the Dev team are going to turn round and say "sorry people we really can't fix it this time".

My other concern is that without active development and the addition of new stuff / features, exile could die a slow painful death as players get bored and move on to new pastures, I really hope that's not the case and someone else picks the development up, it's still early days and my fears may be unfounded, but at this point in time with no further development I feel that Exiles shelf life has been somewhat limited.

3 hours ago, MGgaming101 said:

Those who are capable of having a sensible conversation feel free to share your thoughts.

Will Exile in the near/late future gain more content or will it remain in the current state as it is ?. 

To answer your question we honestly don't know but for the time being the answer is that exile will remain in the current state and that the community can help keep it alive

16 minutes ago, wilderness said:

My fear is that one day bohemia are going to break exile so badly with an update, the Dev team are going to turn round and say "sorry people we really can't fix it this time".

There's far too many people involved in 3rd party development of Exile for that to happen.

• Like 4

With servers like MGT, CCG, ADK and people like Chris w/ Infistar and Maca I doubt Exile will not have an unofficial team to combat Bohemia's updates/mistakes

23 minutes ago, 1Man said:

With servers like MGT, CCG, ADK and people like Chris w/ Infistar and Maca I doubt Exile will not have an unofficial team to combat Bohemia's updates/mistakes

True, but we have a ton of up and coming people in the community doing great work too.

On 7-12-2016 at 1:58 PM, Flosstradamus said:

To answer your question we honestly don't know but for the time being the answer is that exile will remain in the current state and that the community can help keep it alive

I mean, to be honest with you....What will keep Exile Alive ?. It will only if the modders among us can have acces to Exile and add custom building parts, features etc...etc...Otherwise it will die out. From a personal standpoint, Exile at this stage has nothing different to offer then Epoch.  Cuz for me, after basebuilding got put in is when Exile would get very interesting cuz that was the stage to me where it would have things implented that would se itself apart from Epoch on any aspect.

Sadly enough the project died out due, reasons. Which i can't blame the starters for, since they make no revenue off it and basically not worth doing. 
Started playing the mod since aughust last year till end july this year and enjoyed it. 

The reason why exile beat out epoch is because epoch was locked down. Exile allowed you to do whatever scripting wise and will continue to do so. When it gets released on GitHub for others to fork and make changes I am not sure. People can change the building parts whenever they want it's just no one is a 3d modeler

Advertisement