Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnny82

General help - noobie

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Need some help here. I am new to this whole hosting thing and have just completed setting up exile v1.0.2. i have managed to add the DMS addon but not sure if i have it working. i do not know where or how to put the start parameters in. My main problem is that i cannot find my server on gametracker or in A3 launcher. I have opened ports 2302-2305 (TCP & UDP) on both inbound and outbound connections on my windows firewall. I have added my server which is on an internal static IP to the DMZ on my firewall and opened up ports 2302-2305(TCP & UDP) on my routers firewall. I am hosting it on a virtual machine using Hyper V on server 2012 r2. 

When I start the batch file to start the arma 3 exile server i get the command prompt box pop up saying "Arma 3 server active!" and the little notepad window says it has unlocked the server and game is started successfully. 

Is there something I am missing?

http://a3.launcher.eu/check

use that.  the default port is 2303 for checking the status.  

Does A3 find it? 

If so, It may just take a little while to update. 

I had a problem with this at first, but after getting the server up and running for a few days working out kinks it showed up. 

Advertisement

No A3 doesn't find it at all.

Lovely thanks a lot - I will try this later and update.

Edited by Johnny82

You have to claim your server on GameTracker, change the server name to 'GameTrackerClaimServer', then enter a verification code in order for it to stay on GameTrackers web page.

Great thanks for the help. will let you both know how I get on. I have done everything right so far yes? I don't have a static ip from my isp, but if that is something I need I presume I could buy and external ip from a hoster right?

Server showed up when i used A3 server checker. Thanks guys! :)

Of course there is a problem though... ugh! In A3L, my server shows as having a ping of 9999. If i ping my external IP i get an average response of 3ms. 

When i try to join my server i get an error message saying "There was an error that could not be recovered from". I click OK and thats it.

Any ideas?

Edited by Johnny82

Solved this myself. simply needed to launch via main arma 3 menu and use lan

[SOLVED]

Edited by Johnny82

Advertisement