wilderness

Help with weapon props in editor

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

So while we are waiting for the 1.66 hotfix and my server population has dropped through the floor I thought I would learn to use the editor by making a new trader, which for the most part is going very well, one problem I have though, I want to lay some weapons out on tables at the weapons trader like in the screen shot.

But when I play the mission none of the weapons are visible, unless I enable simulation on the weapons which I don't want to do, If I convert them to simple objects they flip orientation and then I can't select or move them around in the editor, the editor also tells me they won't be exported as players will be able to pick them up!

How do I get around this problem? I have been browsing the forum for an answer but as of yet can't find out how to do it, as a first time user of the editor some gentle help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

20161208091916_1.jpg

20161208092934_1.jpg

EDIT: Also where the hell do I find the lockers in the editor???? Found Them :D

EDIT2: How do I place Trees? Do I need another mod loaded to do that?

EDIT3: Think I got it now, it's all about the BBQ cans!!!

Edited by wilderness

@wilderness, so what did you find out here?  I'm in the same boat.  I want to place weapons and gear but can't get it going.

Advertisement

hi buddy ok it's been a while since I did this but if memory serves you place the weapon in the editor then convert it to a simple object under the exile menu, and it puts a BBQ can on the object that you can move around, tilt, rotate etc

Maybe something has changed.  I've tried every combination possible of "Simple Object" and "Simulation" and have never seen a BBQ can.  

Maybe something has changed.  I've tried every combination possible of "Simple Object" and "Simulation" and have never seen a BBQ can.  

I'm pretty sure it's under the exile menu in the editor "convert to simple object" then once you've moved the can press "0" on your num pad to synch the object to the can you just moved, you have to press "0" every time you move the can I believe (see screen shot I just took)

20170415191727_1.jpg

just a thought do you have the 3DEN Plugin installed from here: http://www.exilemod.com/downloads/

Edited by wilderness
1 person likes this

Doh!  I never looked at the actual Exile menu.  I was always messing around with object attributes

Thank you very much.

1 person likes this

Thank you very much.

No problem buddy glad I could help, took me a while to work it out :)

I have noticed only default arma 3 weapons work with this .. not apex or other mods .. and even then only some weapons give me the BBQ can .. and one little tip for anyone reading this .. space bar press it to change the movement abilities of the can or any item  .. directional movements

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

Advertisement