DonSokoli

Want to hire someone to setup mods on server

11 posts in this topic

Hi,
Sorry if this is in the wrong sub.
I am way to busy to install a set of scripts that i want on our Exile server. Therefor i am looking for someone who can add the extra scripts for us. 

The server is hosted with HostHavoc. If anyone got a prepacked PBO for the Altis map, i am willing to buy that as well. 

Advertisement
19 minutes ago, DonSokoli said:

The original is not prepacked with XM8, statbar etc :-)

xm8 is include but you can add the statusbar and more scripts to your altis mission file....

• Like 2

Hello DonSokoli,

While you may find this 'arrangement' to work for you now, it is one of the biggest mistakes you can make.

What are your plans when something needs to be changed/modified/upgraded/etc.?  Come back on here and post, then wait for days for an answer that someone will take your money to fix it?  All the while, you players will be leaving to other servers.

Your BEST solution is to do it yourself.  This way, if something goes wrong, you can at least make a decent attempt at rectifying it.  The way you propose, means you have to be dependent on others and their schedules.  Not a good thing.

Though I am not speaking for them, I strongly suspect that 'BetterDeadThanZed' and 'ZZK-Gaming' were 'pointing' in this direction.

When things 'blow up', and they will, what will you do then?  And if you do not have the 'time' to do this, you will not have the 'time' to run a server either.  This is not like BF4.  You cannot put up an ARMA/Exile server and 'walk away'.  It aint happening.

Take the time and learn how to do this yourself!

:)

• Like 6

I agree with @Z80CPU I can show you the ropes and help you what I can but if and when It breaks you'll need to know how to fix it. I've been running servers for a while. and before you jump into this. I will say from experience that this stuff takes a TON of your time. Send me a message if you want to continue and see how I can help you 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello DonSokoli,

While you may find this 'arrangement' to work for you now, it is one of the biggest mistakes you can make.

What are your plans when something needs to be changed/modified/upgraded/etc.?  Come back on here and post, then wait for days for an answer that someone will take your money to fix it?  All the while, you players will be leaving to other servers.

Your BEST solution is to do it yourself.  This way, if something goes wrong, you can at least make a decent attempt at rectifying it.  The way you propose, means you have to be dependent on others and their schedules.  Not a good thing.

Though I am not speaking for them, I strongly suspect that 'BetterDeadThanZed' and 'ZZK-Gaming' were 'pointing' in this direction.

When things 'blow up', and they will, what will you do then?  And if you do not have the 'time' to do this, you will not have the 'time' to run a server either.  This is not like BF4.  You cannot put up an ARMA/Exile server and 'walk away'.  It aint happening.

Take the time and learn how to do this yourself!

:)

Hi mate - I appriciate you in depth reply. I actually have set up multiple Epoch servers, with great success. The problem is that time is my main issue right now. Becoming a daddy and want my brother and his friends to have a place where they can play for themselves. 

Edited by DonSokoli

5 hours ago, xDaVIRUS said:

I agree with @Z80CPU I can show you the ropes and help you what I can but if and when It breaks you'll need to know how to fix it. I've been running servers for a while. and before you jump into this. I will say from experience that this stuff takes a TON of your time. Send me a message if you want to continue and see how I can help you 

Wow, appriciate it brother. I will do some testing during this weekend. Never knew this community was so friendly. 

Advertisement