UG-Community

Death Loop is annoying! :P

Question

Hey guys!

I know that this question is asked frequently but none of those fixes worked for me ;(

It's simple: If you disconnect and reconnect to the server, there is a chance that you spawn into your dead body and can't respawn.

InfiSTAR's log says: Player is Exile_Unit_GhostPlayer for too long - either not correctly loaded in or trying to run around as a ghost (invisible player object)

Any ideas?

32 answers to this question

Im also going mad trying to fix this, manually deleting the dead characters in DB seems the only thing that works, so admin has to always be around...

Ive tried automatic database events which delete dead characters, but they dont work for some reason even if put to delete every 1 Second...

EVERY 1 MINUTE STARTS '2016-12-11 02:39:08'
    ON COMPLETION PRESERVE
    ENABLE
    COMMENT ''
    DO DELETE FROM `player` WHERE damage = 1

Make sure you've set your server's config to only allow players running the current Arma 3 version to join your server. It's possible their client is causing this issue:

requiredBuild                         = 139586;

Advertisement
13 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Make sure you've set your server's config to only allow players running the current Arma 3 version to join your server. It's possible their client is causing this issue:

requiredBuild                         = 139586;

Okaay. That's a really good idea dude :P -I will do that later ^^! But I think that infiSTAR is causing this problem because it don't happened anymore (As far as I can see in the DB) after I commented it out.

5 hours ago, UG-Community said:

Okaay. That's a really good idea dude :P -I will do that later ^^! But I think that infiSTAR is causing this problem because it don't happened anymore (As far as I can see in the DB) after I commented it out.

I use infistar and I don't have this problem.

I have got the same problem still as well. 

I am going to try the  "requiredBuild                         = 139586;" fix now, as it did make the problem much worse since the last 1 or 2 Arma builds...
For the people not knowing where to find that: "~Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg"

I will keep you guys and girls posted on the topic. Please do re-link any fixes that worked for you as well. When doing so, please be in dept about where you placed certain code or scripts and how they work. More often then not it is quite fugue  for the people who are no Arma Dev Pro's (like me) to figure out which specific file and place advice us to put it in. Not even speaking about the Syntax itself! 

A big thanks in advance and let's all keep Exile alive!

VirtualMechanic

Edit:
Updated Infistar to the latest version, have Arma on the latest version as well and changed the "requiredBuild" as sugested, but already had multiple "fresh" instances of the same problem after cleaning up the database of "old" ones..

Trying the SQL script of @berserker_x86 now (details in his comment below)

Edited by VirtualMechanic
  • Like 1

Here is my temp solution for now. 

SELECT @@event_scheduler;
set global event_scheduler=ON;

DELIMITER $$

CREATE 
	EVENT `1to0` 
	ON SCHEDULE EVERY 2 MINUTE STARTS '2016-12-1 00:00:00' 
	DO BEGIN
		UPDATE `player` SET damage = 0 WHERE damage = 1;	    
	END $$

DELIMITER ;

4 hours ago, berserker_x86 said:

Here is my temp solution for now. 

SELECT @@event_scheduler;
set global event_scheduler=ON;

DELIMITER $$

CREATE 
	EVENT `1to0` 
	ON SCHEDULE EVERY 2 MINUTE STARTS '2016-12-1 00:00:00' 
	DO BEGIN
		UPDATE `player` SET damage = 0 WHERE damage = 1;	    
	END $$

DELIMITER ;

That will bring players back from the dead and will result in multiple alive characters in the database. You should be deleting the table that has the character with damage "1", not changing it to "0".

46 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

That will bring players back from the dead and will result in multiple alive characters in the database. You should be deleting the table that has the character with damage "1", not changing it to "0".

That's what I thought at first. But since the update, whenever players had their game crash on my server, their damage would set to 1. So I switched it around and tested to see if players who die normally will get duped or not...and everything turned out to be ok and working for some reason. 

7 hours ago, berserker_x86 said:

That's what I thought at first. But since the update, whenever players had their game crash on my server, their damage would set to 1. So I switched it around and tested to see if players who die normally will get duped or not...and everything turned out to be ok and working for some reason. 

could u tell me where u puted that pls step by step cuz got stuck here for days :S

Advertisement