UG-Community

Death Loop is annoying! :P

Question

Hey guys!

I know that this question is asked frequently but none of those fixes worked for me ;(

It's simple: If you disconnect and reconnect to the server, there is a chance that you spawn into your dead body and can't respawn.

InfiSTAR's log says: Player is Exile_Unit_GhostPlayer for too long - either not correctly loaded in or trying to run around as a ghost (invisible player object)

Any ideas?

32 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I just don't understand why so many people are having this problem. I haven't seen it happen to a single player on my server.

It definitely happens but it's totally random.

On 12/12/2016 at 11:13 PM, berserker_x86 said:

Here is my temp solution for now. 

SELECT @@event_scheduler;
set global event_scheduler=ON;

DELIMITER $$

CREATE 
	EVENT `1to0` 
	ON SCHEDULE EVERY 2 MINUTE STARTS '2016-12-1 00:00:00' 
	DO BEGIN
		UPDATE `player` SET damage = 0 WHERE damage = 1;	    
	END $$

DELIMITER ;

Maybe a noob question, but where would I put this script? (step by step 9_9)

Edit:
Managed to execute the script (was easier then I thought... just a simple script execution in MySQL...) Tho I would not know (yet) how to reverse it of everything goes to shit and my server burns in hell o.O

Edit2: Thanks @berserker_x86 for your explanation and the script itself!
So far so good with the script in this post. I am manually checking the "player" database table for dupes still, to make sure it does not fuck up. This for setting the damage to 0 every 2 minutes has worked, and it did not create any dupes of player bodies either, nor have I had reports of other problems in the last 24 hours of testing.

Will keep you guys and girls updated if it does start showing problems in any way.

Edited by VirtualMechanic

Advertisement
7 hours ago, VirtualMechanic said:

Maybe a noob question, but where would I put this script? (step by step 9_9)

Edit:
Managed to execute the script (was easier then I thought... just a simple script execution in MySQL...) Tho I would not know (yet) how to reverse it of everything goes to shit and my server burns in hell o.O

If this doesn't work for you, use this command to delete it

DROP EVENT 1to0;

3 hours ago, UG-Community said:

My problem is caused by infiSTAR. I don't know why, but I commented the section out and now everything runs fine -> Just the server restart is bugged now.

I feel that our Death loop is also infiStar related. What did you comment out?

1 hour ago, Mr Salt said:

I feel that our Death loop is also infiStar related. What did you comment out?

I use Infistar and I haven't seen this happen to a single player yet. Perhaps you guys aren't running the latest Infistar? 

4 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I use Infistar and I haven't seen this happen to a single player yet. Perhaps you guys aren't running the latest Infistar?

The latest version is installed. It may not be infiStar but I am willing to try anything at this point.

Edited by Mr Salt

I'm pretty sure the death loop is occurring for those of you that ran the "bandaid" fixes. Even though you probably reverted the fixes before updating to the newest Arma 3. The characters in the database for the players who were on the server during that time seem to be the ones that it happens to. I kept my server locked when 1.66 was released and left it that way until the hotfix, and I haven't had any issues with the database. I've read from other people that this deathloop doesn't happen to new players that have joined after the hotfix.

Removed band aid and updated arma and infistar and running now with no problems. 

Band aid caused us no problems and kept us busy through the messy update period

Edited by Razor77

Advertisement