DavieReid88

Kicks

Question

I was wondering if someone could help me with this few of my players keep getting disconnected from the server, not banned, keep getting these in the log

Player ThreeThumbedGyno: Wrong signature for file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\450814997\addons\cba_modules.pbo

Player ThreeThumbedGyno: Wrong signature for file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\541888371\addons\cup_trackedvehicles_t90.pbo

Player Shadyx: Wrong signature for file a3\structures_f_exp\infrastructure\watersupply\watertank_01_f.p3d

Does anyone know why this is happening, its happening quite alot.. thanks

6 answers to this question

Hello DavieReid88,

See my post on this: 

While the post was about something else, this will answer your question!

Also, as this was not part of OP's question, them having the wrong/corrupt/missing parts of a mod will cause this too...

:)

@Z80CPU Thanks for your response, I read through the link you sent me, Im gathering this isnt a serverside disconnect then? Ive spoke to the player privately and he is trying to tell me this is a serverside issues but I have players that are on my servers daily and dont have any issues like this. Its just the same players that do so.

Edited by DavieReid88

Advertisement
1 hour ago, DavieReid88 said:

@Z80CPU Thanks for your response, I read through the link you sent me, Im gathering this isnt a serverside disconnect then? Ive spoke to the player privately and he is trying to tell me this is a serverside issues but I have players that are on my servers daily and dont have any issues like this. Its just the same players that do so.

i have the same prblem with the signatures  and its making me crazy. i can play 10 minutes and kicks me off to wrong signature.

Edited by Jeam Beam Burbon

Hello David,

"Is it server side?"

It is, but is not.  The server tell the client to compute a 'checksum' of the mods.  The client does and then sends that number to the server.  The server then compares it to the 'master checksum' (server key) located on the server.  It is 'agrees', then all is well.  If not, kick.  BUT, if it times out, you will ALSO get a kick.

99.99% of the time, this error is cause by the client.  And most of that time, it is due to the items listed in my post.

Stop and think about it.  IF it was the server, EVERYBODY would be getting kicked.  That is NOT the case.  You need to get those people to do what is listed there as well as ensure they are using the CORRECT mods (complete and same version).

@Jeam -

This is what usually happens.  10 seconds -> 10 minutes and this will happen.  It has been my experience if it falls within that time frame, it is the stupid 'signature check failed'.  Of course YOU, just see 'You were kicked from the game' message.

:)

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

Advertisement