HAM

Obfuscate

32 posts in this topic

Does anybody know how to obfuscate an Exile mission file? I have the subscribed version of mikero's tool but it doesn't want to go thru the process because of weird errors. tried with default Exile.Altis mission pbo also but it's the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably best to contact Mikero himself, just search for him on Skype

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
1 hour ago, HAM said:

Does anybody know how to obfuscate an Exile mission file? I have the subscribed version of mikero's tool but it doesn't want to go thru the process because of weird errors. tried with default Exile.Altis mission pbo also but it's the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, the Exile mission file is just full of errors, so you will have to fix them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @HAM,

I have sitten on there to get it ready about 4 Houres... and a little conv to Mikero. At end it was little stress full... first off all, rename config.cpp to a file like init.cpp or main.cpp or exile.cpp and edit in description.ext(this is while i cant pack it at end in a PBO)

#include "config.cpp"

to


#include "main.cpp"

 

Mikero's says about the config.cpp

[15.01.2017 02:27:02] MikeRo: the worst bit is they use an illegal, reserved, filename. config.cpp
[15.01.2017 02:27:29] MikeRo: it is that name that is causing you the above errors. you need to change it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hyp3rX said:

Hey @HAM,

I have sitten on there to get it ready about 4 Houres... and a little conv to Mikero. At end it was little stress full... first off all, rename config.cpp to a file like init.cpp or main.cpp or exile.cpp and edit in description.ext(this is while i cant pack it at end in a PBO)


#include "config.cpp"

to



#include "main.cpp"

 

Mikero's says about the config.cpp

[15.01.2017 02:27:02] MikeRo: the worst bit is they use an illegal, reserved, filename. config.cpp
[15.01.2017 02:27:29] MikeRo: it is that name that is causing you the above errors. you need to change it.

 

Have-you try it? Do server launch normally after that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all very well getting your files 'obfuscated' but how are you gonna be able to 'de-obfuscate' them? I think that this is just a major problem for someone waiting to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so how did you fix it? just changing the file name above does not go with your comment " But it was a long work to get all error"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2017 at 1:46 PM, Capt Caveman said:

It's all very well getting your files 'obfuscated' but how are you gonna be able to 'de-obfuscate' them? I think that this is just a major problem for someone waiting to happen.

The only way that would happen is if you delete the folder that the obfuscation get's built from, if that happened, then why the fuck did you not make backups??!

On 2/13/2017 at 8:37 PM, Aggro said:

so how did you fix it? just changing the file name above does not go with your comment " But it was a long work to get all error"

Exile by default, their config.cpp is FULL of errors (can't believe ArmA doesn't throw an error), and you just have to fix them all one, by one.

here is a tip: put this at the top of your description.ext 

#define true 1
#define false 0

that will solve a few errors, the rest are missing semicolons, or where semicolons aren't supposed to be, and yes the reason why you have to rename the config.cpp is because obfuscation tries to build it as a ADDON, and the mission file is not an addon. You also cannot compress SQF files, or your players will have a VERY laggy time. (only for missions), so renaming the config.cpp to .hpp will stop the mission being made into an addon. you also have to remove .hpp from the compression list, and ignore list (if it's there) As mikero said himself:

Quote

[15.01.2017 02:27:02] MikeRo: the worst bit is they use an illegal, reserved, filename. config.cpp
[15.01.2017 02:27:29] MikeRo: it is that name that is causing you the above errors. you need to change it.

 

Edited by StokesMagee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StokesMagee said:

The only way that would happen is if you delete the folder that the obfuscation get's built from, if that happened, then why the fuck did you not make backups??!

Exile by default, their config.cpp is FULL of errors (can't believe ArmA doesn't throw an error), and you just have to fix them all one, by one.

here is a tip: put this at the top of your description.ext 


#define true 1
#define false 0

that will solve a few errors, the rest are missing semicolons, or where semicolons aren't supposed to be, and yes the reason why you have to rename the config.cpp is because obfuscation tries to build it as a ADDON, and the mission file is not an addon. You also cannot compress SQF files, or your players will have a VERY laggy time. (only for missions), so renaming the config.cpp to .hpp will stop the mission being made into an addon. you also have to remove .hpp from the compression list, and ignore list (if it's there) As mikero said himself:

 

Thanks for taking time to explain this.

 So we basically need to change the mission file to that same structure of an addon? any chance you can highlight the missing semicolons and ones that need removing on original exile mission file, so that you dont share your edits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.