Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MannyAU

Trader Safe Zones Buildings are Destructible From Outside Source

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

Just wondering how I can make the buildings inside the safe zones indestructible from outside influence? 

ie, crashing into w/helis/tanks or artillery strikes on traders, that evidently just level the place out. 

Also as well, the best direction to look to make it so players inside safe zone don't get 'hit' by bullets shot at them from outside campers - even though they don't do damage to the players inside the safe zone, it still makes impact, vocal player model impact, and screen shake on impact. 

Thanks! 

Can you be more specific as to what Buildings you are talking about, what Map you are using and provide screenshots?

Advertisement

2 hours ago, Nevo said:

Can you be more specific as to what Buildings you are talking about, what Map you are using and provide screenshots?

Sure, using summer chernarus map, using the default (assuming so) traders at Vybor, Polana and Krasnostav Aircraft Traders

config.cpp

1 person likes this

Seems like a complicated situation. I don't have a Chernarus Server however I know that on other Maps, there are buildings that are indestructible. The best and quickest way to test such buildings would be to use ZEUS Lightning using Admin Tools. Typically, the traders should be setup in such locations so as to not have their buildings destroyed so all I can suggest to you would be to find buildings on your map that cannot be destroyed and move your Traders there. As far as the players inside safe zone not getting 'hit' by bullets shot at them from outside campers, there wouldn't be anyway to fix that that I know of. Sorry I can't be of more assistance. Perhaps another person on these forums will have better suggestions.

11 hours ago, Nevo said:

Seems like a complicated situation. I don't have a Chernarus Server however I know that on other Maps, there are buildings that are indestructible. The best and quickest way to test such buildings would be to use ZEUS Lightning using Admin Tools. Typically, the traders should be setup in such locations so as to not have their buildings destroyed so all I can suggest to you would be to find buildings on your map that cannot be destroyed and move your Traders there. As far as the players inside safe zone not getting 'hit' by bullets shot at them from outside campers, there wouldn't be anyway to fix that that I know of. Sorry I can't be of more assistance. Perhaps another person on these forums will have better suggestions.

No worries mate, 

Yeah, was just scratching my head about how to do it. In the EDEN editor for example, placed structures can have their instance changed to be invulnerable, but already placed buildings i cannot change the value - or even select them as per normal lol. 

11 hours ago, MannyAU said:

No worries mate, 

Yeah, was just scratching my head about how to do it. In the EDEN editor for example, placed structures can have their instance changed to be invulnerable, but already placed buildings i cannot change the value - or even select them as per normal lol. 

I found an interesting video on youtube that explains how to get rid of preset buildings/objects: 

Make sure to read the comments (on the youtube video) for more information and suggestions.

Once you get rid of the buildings this way, you'll be able to add them back in as indestructible and that should solve one of your issues. ;)

Edited by Nevo

Advertisement