[DD] BuLi

should i ask for Refund

19 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, B.A.D. said:

what the guy has to be talking about is some vserver account ON a dedi machine

No, i'm talkin about a real dedicated server - what specs are you running for 100 bucks each month?

22 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

If you're only paying $20 a month more for a dedicated server than you would for a hosted server, you are either lying, you have a very underpowered dedicated server, or the hosted servers you are looking at are very expensive.

I'm not pretty familar with all the gsp prices, i manage some server hosted on them but i personally don't use them (but i see what performance they delivier and that's pretty cheap imho) - as said, there might be cheaper and better one but i don't know them all really good.

I just took a an example calculation from a big german hoster, who charges  50 EUR for a 64 Slot Arma 3 Server (might be on of the expensiver one) compared to a dedicated box  e3-1275 v5, 64 gb dd4 ecc, sdd, 1gbit/s guaranteed  around 70 bucks and even a i7 6700k, 32gb ram, sdd, 1gbit/s guaranteed around 50 bucks is better then the hosted one - or not, correct me if i'm totally wrong, might be doing it wrong all the time then :)

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Advertisement
On 12/24/2016 at 11:07 AM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

If you're only paying $20 a month more for a dedicated server than you would for a hosted server, you are either lying, you have a very underpowered dedicated server, or the hosted servers you are looking at are very expensive.

I've been hosting servers for all kinds of games for almost 13 years. Right now, the best you can hope for in a decent dedicated server for Arma 3 is around $100/month. I pay around $32/month for my 40 slot server. I had to cancel my dedicated server because I didn't get enough donations to keep it going and because I wasn't in a financial situation to spend $50+ per month to make up for the shortfalls.

Service: #99218 - i7-6700K 32GB + 960GB SSD Preconfig - $75 a month...mywholesaleinternet.net.

The site will say they're out, but you just request that they notify you when one is available, and it will be available in a couple days.

*Edited due to dark copy and paste text*

Edited by brawnkoh

51 minutes ago, brawnkoh said:

Service: #99218 - i7-6700K 32GB + 960GB SSD Preconfig - $75 a month...mywholesaleinternet.net.

The site will say they're out, but you just request that they notify you when one is available, and it will be available in a couple days.

Thanks but I'm not looking for a dedicated server. I was just saying what I've found. For the record that is $43 a month more than I pay for my hosted server. 

On 12/25/2016 at 10:58 PM, brawnkoh said:

umm wow checking those prices and setups they are nice. They even offer free OS, windows included in some.  Are you with them? 

38 minutes ago, theduke said:

umm wow checking those prices and setups they are nice. They even offer free OS, windows included in some.  Are you with them? 

I've never used them but when I was shopping around for dedi's their site kept popping up. It is based in kansas city so you have the google fiber option with them. Websites like webhostingtalk have mentioned that they generally have good reviews for their support and hardware.

Unfortunately though no 4790k option which OVH has and Arma cares about the highest core clock

You somewhat get what you pay for it though.

OVH may be some of the cheapest (and have good anti-DDoS) but their support is absolutely atrocious. 

Expect "IT-professionals" that circlejerk and delay issues, and in the end to solve 99% of the issues yourself.

I switched to Zare, and have never looked back.

Like Tobias said. You get what you pay for. I started hosting game servers in 2004, when I hosted a server for Medal of Honor Spearhead. I've gone through lots of hosts and in my experience, the cheapest priced ones tend to have issues.

Advertisement