Sign in to follow this  
Johnny82

Building not allowed...

Question

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me solve this. A user on my server purchased a territory flag in order to build a base, but when he tried to place it, it said "building not allowed".

Am i missing something in order to build bases on my server? I do not have the extended base mod installed as i presumed i didnt need it unless i wanted the optional base materials.

6 answers to this question

It partially depends on the server.  Many have restrictions that you cannot build within specified distances of trader cities, other safe zones, sometimes even within or close to cities or towns.   I think the default was 500M but am not sure about that.   It is configurable by the server admins.    Was he building within one of those "building prohibited" areas?

The message said "Construction aborted, building is disallowed here on this server", so could well have been because he was trying to build near an airfield.

Edited by Johnny82

Advertisement

within the disallowed distance to either a trader, spawn zone etc. You can reconfigure all that in your config.cpp

I am also having this problem. I was able to place a flag down but it won't let me build on the site. says Building is not allowed here on this server.
I am the admin and I have checked (and changed) the distance settings for being near traders, spawns etc. The closet thing to me is a boat trader which is about 345 meters away. I have it set to 200 meters for traders and 500 for spawns. There is no spawn nearby and I only lowered the trader distance to 200 to see if that was the problem. Still, won't let me build.
Anything else I can look for in the config?

Advertisement