Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo Twinkle

Traders

Question

Im having this problem where my trade wont show up on the map ive tried every forum post fixes what ever nothing is working so i tried to add the vendor my self thru Editor. Hes there but when you click purchase aircraft it dont pop up nothing no items no categories nothing. Any Suggestions? 

3 answers to this question

Have you added the trader to the initPlayerLocal.sqf? Trader locations have to be added to that file for them to show in game. This is what a trader will look like in that sqf. Note that this is not the entire thing, just the trader line for an Armory trader.

["Exile_Trader_Armory", ["HubStanding_idle1","HubStanding_idle2","HubStanding_idle3"], "Exile_Trader_Armory", "WhiteHead_19", [["srifle_DMR_06_olive_F","","","",[],[],""],[],[],["U_Rangemaster",[]],["V_Rangemaster_belt",[]],[],"H_Cap_headphones","G_Shades_Black",[],["","","","","",""]], [11487.7, 11338.6, 317.307], [-0.548607, -0.83608, 0], [0, 0, 1]],

Vehicle traders have to call a different function than the armory/gear/food traders. The call function is inherently tied to the script that runs to dispatch the menu for that vendor.

["Exile_Trader_Aircraft", ["HubBriefing_scratch","HubBriefing_stretch","HubBriefing_think","HubBriefing_lookAround1","HubBriefing_lookAround2"], "Exile_Trader_Aircraft", "WhiteHead_16", [[],[],[],["U_I_pilotCoveralls",[]],[],[],"H_PilotHelmetHeli_O","G_Combat",[],["","","","","",""]], [4903.75, 9638.17, 339.001], [-0.559193, 0.829038, 0], [0, 0, 1]],

That would be the correct syntax to call the Aircraft menu. This is also considering that you have the vendor config set correctly to display the proper items, prices and quality as well. 

["Exile_Trader_Vehicle", ["HubBriefing_scratch","HubBriefing_stretch","HubBriefing_think","HubBriefing_lookAround1","HubBriefing_lookAround2"], "Exile_Trader_Vehicle", "WhiteHead_11", [[],[],[],["U_C_Driver_4",[]],[],[],"H_RacingHelmet_4_F","G_Bandanna_shades",[],["","","","","",""]], [4013.88, 11681.9, 363.452], [0.104528, -0.994522, 0], [0, 0, 1]]

Notice the subtle difference between a aircraft and vehicle trader? It's the first call function in the array.. 

Now, say you want to add a custom trader that sells vehicles/aircraft as well.. not to hard to do either.

["Exile_Trader_Vehicle", ["HubBriefing_scratch","HubBriefing_stretch","HubBriefing_think","HubBriefing_lookAround1","HubBriefing_lookAround2"], "Exile_Trader_CommunityCustoms", "GreekHead_A3_07", [[],[],[],["CUP_U_C_Pilot_01",[]],[],[],"H_Bandanna_gry","G_Bandanna_sport",[],["","","","","",""]], [4009.63, 11616.5, 359.918], [0.139173, 0.990268, 0], [0, 0, 1]],

The thing that sets the CommunityCustom vendor apart from the rest, the first call must be Exile_Trader_Vehicle or Exile_Trader_Aircraft in order to call the correct vendor menu. 

Obviously there are several other working parts to the whole vendoring setup, without access to the files, there isn't a lot to assist with. Unless you have a moderate idea of what goes where and the proper syntaxes to allow the calls to function correctly.

Thank You For The Suggestions But I Made It Easier On My Self Just Went Into My Config.Cpp And Copy Pasted The Heli In The Aircraft Vendor And Put Them In The Vehicle Vendor After That Went To The CFGTRADER Section and Added Choppers To The Vehicle Trader

Advertisement