10-4_RubberDuck

In need of developer/scripting

25 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Super Jerome said:

The amount of post like these "willing to pay for server setup" is just absurd. Something WILL break and when that happens you will find youself stuck. No one's trying to be a dick, just cold hard truth.

Why? What's the problem with ppl paying for a service, i really don't get all the hate comming towards those.

Not everybody got the time, energy or what ever to fully install a server - some are just lazy as fuck or plain stupid and they simple don't understand it, doesn't matter how hard they try. And if something is broke, either they got a "contract" in update cases or they just pay another time to fix stuff - that's it.

People pay other ppl to create a webpage, it's also easy to learn but ppl don't want to learn it. Some also pay just for freaking changing a light bulb and if the bulb is broken, they just call the electronics engineer again and pay for it - that's how the world is workin.

I prefer ppl learning stuff from scratch and doing there own business instead of paying for it, cuz it's really not that hard but it's time consuming.

Yeh i know, we already have 1000 exile server, yet we don't need another basic, vanilla, zombie one - yeh, your right - but who cares, mind your own business - it really doesn't hurt the community.

I really appreciate ppl trying to encourage others to give it a try instead of just paying $, that good tho.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

19 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

We already have 1000 exile server, yet we don't need another basic, vanilla, zombie one - yeh, your right - but who cares, mind your own business - it really doesn't hurt the community.

Personally, I think it actually does a great deal of harm to the community. I'm part of several very large Arma communities, and a large number of their members have at one time or another assumed Exile is dead because of the hundreds and hundreds of empty servers.

• Like 1

Advertisement
3 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Personally, I think it actually does a great deal of harm to community. I'm part of several very large Arma communities, and a large number of their members have at one time or another assumed Exile is dead because of the hundreds and hundreds of empty servers.

Yeh, you probably right - it defo hurt the community in a way, my statement isn't really correct.

And i too, really don't get the sense behind opening just another basic server, wich we already have tousands. At least what i noticed, most of them are gone after 1-2 month anyway, cuz they can't get users on it or if they get users on, they don't know how to handle/treat.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

Yeh, you probably right - it defo hurt the community in a way, my statement isn't really correct.

And i too, really don't get the sense behind opening just another basic server, wich we already have tousands. At least what i noticed, most of them are gone after 1-2 month anyway, cuz they can't get users on it or if they get users on, they don't know how to handle/treat.

Yup, completely agree. Most people either end up being badmins and piss off any potential playerbase and/or give up sinking money into an empty server.

• Like 1

I feel like @WURSTKETTE is trolling me....LOL. However, on a serious note to address the "pay for service". Survival Game Servers charges a hefty fee to set up your Exile server for you. If people want to pay to have their server set up they can go there and drop about $100 and BOOM server. I don't believe the forums is the place for this. Still, think people should learn how to do it themselves. Hell, that's the most rewarding part about being a server owner.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Super Jerome said:

I feel like @WURSTKETTE is trolling me....LOL.

I'm really serious about that :D

I'm not a native speaker and my comparsion prolly weren't the best at all, just tried to use them, to express my thoughts better.

10 hours ago, Super Jerome said:

Survival Game Servers charges a hefty fee to set up your Exile server for you. If people want to pay to have their server set up they can go there and drop about $100 and BOOM server.

See, i (and prolly 90% of the "community) never heard bout Survival Game Servers or any other provider offering a service like that - cuz they barely exists and are hard to find too. I also highly doubt they offering a custom service like custom trader/spawnpoints/missions/configs (objects, placement, loottables, prices, monitoring economy, adjusting scripts to client needs and what ever you can do on a server.)

I feel totally like you, when saying "Still, think people should learn how to do it themselves. Hell, that's the most rewarding part about being a server owner."

It's probably the same like on every shit you do in life, if you did it with your bare hands, by yourself - it's rewarding and feels way better then everything else.

I just noticed several times people (not talkin about you) start to judge about others who ask for a paid service, as this is something wich is totally reprehensible - wich it isn't - at least in my opinion.

I understood where you coming from and your concerns, i share them tho.

Sorry for hijacking the thread and going offtopic here, was just in a funky mood to discuss some shit :monkey:

Edited by WURSTKETTE
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure the source of the payment would be stolen from your mum's credit card. Or the left over school meal change or your £1.50 a week pocket money. 

Spoiler

I'm only messing but seriously don't put up a server, you will fail like the rest. If you the owners don't even know how to code or create custom content then your probably just not going to succeed imo.

:talktohand:

4 hours ago, hbeiramar said:

I'm pretty sure the source of the payment would be stolen from your mum's credit card. Or the left over school meal change or your £1.50 a week pocket money. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm only messing but seriously don't put up a server, you will fail like the rest. If you the owners don't even know how to code or create custom content then your probably just not going to succeed imo.

Woahh, easy there cowboy, no need to spit flames. 

Edited by StokesMagee
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, StokesMagee said:

Woahh, easy there cowboy, no need to spit flames. 

Spoiler

keep-calm-and-be-aggressive-passive-aggressive.png

lol

2 minutes ago, hbeiramar said:

Reveal hidden contents

keep-calm-and-be-aggressive-passive-aggressive.png

lol

Talk+shit+get+hit_c7572e_4884410.gif

• Like 2

Advertisement