InspectorGadget

EXAD Virtual garage not working

Question

8 answers to this question

I know this is not a great help but double check the install instructions as the mod works fine so you must have missed a part of the setup. Does it say anything when you try to put a car in VG messages or errors. Check the database alterations in the install part this is critical with VG

On 25-1-2017 at 0:05 PM, Razor77 said:

I know this is not a great help but double check the install instructions as the mod works fine so you must have missed a part of the setup. Does it say anything when you try to put a car in VG messages or errors. Check the database alterations in the install part this is critical with VG

Thanks for the reply, i double checked the install instructions and can't seem to find anything i missed i also ran the sql script in the database.
Its not giving any errors when i try to put a car in the VG. Guess i have to reinstall the exad mod :( haha

Advertisement

If you're running Infistar: Infistar has CfgRemoteExec that is placed in the mission file. Inside this file is a list of things that is executed. Make sure that under Class Functions you add the line:
class ExAdServer_fnc_clientRequest { allowedTargets=2; };

If the line is not placed there then VG will show as an app and be interactable in the XM8 as an app but will not allow the vehicle to transfer back and forth. I repeatedly forget to do this when updating infistar only to find that no vehicles will transfer again. 

On 10.4.2017 at 4:44 PM, fifthmanstanding said:

If you're running Infistar: Infistar has CfgRemoteExec that is placed in the mission file. Inside this file is a list of things that is executed. Make sure that under Class Functions you add the line:
class ExAdServer_fnc_clientRequest { allowedTargets=2; };

If the line is not placed there then VG will show as an app and be interactable in the XM8 as an app but will not allow the vehicle to transfer back and forth. I repeatedly forget to do this when updating infistar only to find that no vehicles will transfer again. 

I've tried this @fifthmanstanding, but it still does not work for me atleast. I installed the mod as instructed, and followed every step. But I still can't seem to get the garage to work. Everything else works perfectly, except the VG. :/

I'm out of ideas to get this to work as intended..

Did you get it to work @InspectorGadget?

b_560x95.png

Edited by Nerdybird

2 hours ago, Nerdybird said:

I've tried this @fifthmanstanding, but it still does not work for me atleast. I installed the mod as instructed, and followed every step. But I still can't seem to get the garage to work. Everything else works perfectly, except the VG. :/

I'm out of ideas to get this to work as intended..

So to clarify your problem: are you seeing the virtual garage app in the xm8? if so, when you click it does the app load on the tablet screen? if so, when you get into a vehicle, get out, pull up the app and try to store it does it simply not store?

I ask because I've experienced each of those above problems and there's a separate, seemingly predictable fix for each of them. And the obvious, over-used question: are you certain you ran the sql query for the database properly?

3 hours ago, fifthmanstanding said:

So to clarify your problem: are you seeing the virtual garage app in the xm8? if so, when you click it does the app load on the tablet screen? if so, when you get into a vehicle, get out, pull up the app and try to store it does it simply not store?

I ask because I've experienced each of those above problems and there's a separate, seemingly predictable fix for each of them. And the obvious, over-used question: are you certain you ran the sql query for the database properly?

Yeah, the SQL query was not complete it seems. Ran it again and it works properly now. :)

On 4/16/2017 at 6:39 AM, fifthmanstanding said:

@fifthmanstanding I just installed ExAd.  Everything works but the VG.  

The app shows up in extra apps but when I click ExAd_VG nothing happens.  All other ExAd apps work perfectly.

So the VG app doesn't open.

Where am I failing?  Please help!

Advertisement