Alexis

Exile update

37 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

im quite satisfied how arma 3 is, gameplay wise

Agreed, the gameplay itself is quite good considering the age of the engine and how mod-able it is. I've put more time into ARMA 3 than any other computer game ever.... that's gotta count for something. Mind you, if Exile wasn't available for A3 then I likely would still be clutching to an ARMA 2 Mod server like DayZ or Overpoch.

Oh, and considering what happened to DayZ when BI bought them, I think it's probably in the players' best interest they don't put Eichi on the payroll...... Eichi would (I'm sure) enjoy the salary though :) 

5 hours ago, Dominick Decoco said:

too bad that this project didn't got the attension that it deserves

I did not expect anyone to ever play this. I was proven wrong on release date. So I think it got far more attention than it deserved :) 

Also, check the donation goal on this website. It is the 11th of the month and the goal is full. I am always surprised that people still care. That is a good feeling.

I think the best solution for everybody would be that BIS to hire Exile Team and sell Exile mod as a DLC or Expansion

And this is the solution to which problem? :) 

"Here, eat that free hamburger!" ... "Now that you ate it, give me $30!". I am pretty sure that this is not how it works.

BIS are killing Exile project by ignorance

I have a bunch of Bohemia employees in my Skype and I never felt ignored. So what is this based upon?

54 minutes ago, Riker2335 said:

Oh, and considering what happened to DayZ when BI bought them, I think it's probably in the players' best interest they don't put Eichi on the payroll

I am not an insider, but from what I have observed, the project was over-estimated and under-staffed. As a creator, I consider Exile my baby. And I think the author of DayZ has felt the same. I really hope he left the project for other reasons than frustration. Seeing your baby going down the drain is not a good feeling.

49 minutes ago, Riker2335 said:

Eichi would (I'm sure) enjoy the salary though

No offense to my Czech buddies, but I am certain there is a salary gap between the Czech Republic and Sweden, where I am currently employed. 

• Like 4

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Eichi said:

I did not expect anyone to ever play this. I was proven wrong on release date. So I think it got far more attention than it deserved :) 

Also, check the donation goal on this website. It is the 11th of the month and the goal is full. I am always surprised that people still care. That is a good feeling.

And this is the solution to which problem? :) 

"Here, eat that free hamburger!" ... "Now that you ate it, give me $30!". I am pretty sure that this is not how it works.

I have a bunch of Bohemia employees in my Skype and I never felt ignored. So what is this based upon?

I am not an insider, but from what I have observed, the project was over-estimated and under-staffed. As a creator, I consider Exile my baby. And I think the author of DayZ has felt the same. I really hope he left the project for other reasons than frustration. Seeing your baby going down the drain is not a good feeling.

No offense to my Czech buddies, but I am certain there is a salary gap between the Czech Republic and Sweden, where I am currently employed. 

Dean Hall I think achieved his goals from the mod becoming as successful and seeing his 'baby' turn into it's own game. Despite saying that, with his departure from the development of DayZ SA I think it's dramatically improved with converting the game to the Enfusion engine however it still lacks features which I feel are needed. It's been 3-4 years practically since DayZ SA released, despite the improvements it lacks modding support and the development is just slow. For a game which isn't even out of Alpha/Beta 3-4 years on, I'm kinda disappointed. 

21 minutes ago, hbeiramar said:

Dean Hall I think achieved his goals from the mod becoming as successful and seeing his 'baby' turn into it's own game. Despite saying that, with his departure from the development of DayZ SA I think it's dramatically improved with converting the game to the Enfusion engine however it still lacks features which I feel are needed. It's been 3-4 years practically since DayZ SA released, despite the improvements it lacks modding support and the development is just slow. For a game which isn't even out of Alpha/Beta 3-4 years on, I'm kinda disappointed. 

Released?! DayZ SA is still in Early Access and still in Early-Alpha....

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hbeiramar said:

*Released* e.g. to public, never said full release did I.

Released means for me its on a playable state and there is no offical release version of the game yet.

Early Acces is not a release its a development enviroment.

Thats what i mean! Should not be an attack! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [RG] Salutesh said:

Released means for me its on a playable state and there is no offical release version of the game yet.

Early Acces is not a release its a development enviroment.

Thats what i mean! Should not be an attack! 

Yes and I totally agree with you about it not being an attack however this is what I was talking about: 

Spoiler

a079661392a546448676e48ac2530163.png

Different people can interrupt it in different ways :) 

Advertisement