Sign in to follow this  
Papawolf

Occupation Ai (Vehicles)

Question

Hey there! 9_9
First of, i really hope that's the right place for the Question. If not, please tell me or move/remove this Thread, thanks.
Secondly, u will may have a rough time to understand my english, i will try my best. i promise! :$

So, here we go. I've set up a Exile Server with G-Portal and everything works fine but at one point im not happy with the occupation script. Is there a way to Spawn them near the player/s and despawn them when they are out of range (ca. 2-3km).
My server runs with the chernarus map and its quite huge, so do i have to set up the roaming vehicle amount up to ~20 to see them quite often? that would be a mass fps decrease i guess.
My Goal would be to see them at every second - third corner to have a quite "realistic feeling". The server is only for Clanmembers of my Clan (6 Slots). Atm it feels really empty and it's set up to 10 roaming vehicles.

Well, thanks for ur patience to read this.
Wish u guys a nice day,
Greetings! :rock:

4 answers to this question

Hello @StokesMagee. Glad u could understand the post.

7 minutes ago, StokesMagee said:

@Papawolf realistic feeling in arma? hah, good luck with that.

Also chernarus is very small, it's only 15x15 or 16x16 i don't remember.

How can this help me?
Yeah its not that big, but big enough to feel like its empty when there are just a "few" vehicles drive around.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Papawolf said:

(...) and everything works fine but at one point im not happy with the occupation script. Is there a way to Spawn them near the player/s and despawn them when they are out of range (ca. 2-3km).

I didnt find a setting that fit with this. Is the only way to see the vehicle Ai often to set up the Spawnamount up to a quite high amount?
i mean for example if i set the amount up to 20 there are 20vehicles * 2-4 ai's. isnt that a big performance lost?

Advertisement