Cloud22

[Done] ExtDb3 Compatibility with Exile

835 posts in this topic

@Cloud22 Can't get it working. Fresh installed server, all working before switching to extdb3. Server freezes and I can't login to it.

Can you help me? I followed all steps 3 times, also dropped the schema and started again. The original RPT is too much longer, like 90mb, I reduced it because it's the same error again, and again, and again...

RPT: https://pastebin.com/KSUvcFbC

DB log:

extDB3: https://bitbucket.org/torndeco/extdb3/wiki/Home
extDB3: Version: 1.031
extDB3: Windows Version
Message: All development for extDB3 is done on a Linux Dedicated Server
Message: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2SUEFTGABTAM2
Message: Also leave a message if there is any particular feature you would like to see added.

extDB3: Found extdb3-conf.ini
extDB3: Detected 8 Cores, Setting up 6 Worker Threads
extDB3: ...

DB version:

fTC_dfOYSTWD8Rxy_B-Vdg.png

Edited by kosako17

Advertisement

You have a few errors on other files, but also looks like the install of extdb3 is not correct too.  Or maybe a addon on that you might be using is still calling for extdb2

Spoiler

9:54:22 "ExileServer - Please have a look at @ExileServer/extDB/logs/ to find out what went wrong."
 9:54:22 "ExileServer - MySQL Error: Unable to locate extDB2 extension!"
 9:54:22 "ExileServer - Server will shutdown now :("
 9:54:22 CallExtension 'extDB2' could not be found

9:54:22 "<infiSTAR.de> 0 - infiSTAR_defines.hpp is not in your MPMission or you forgot to #include it within your description.ext   [21598x2 

9:54:17 Error context / 1 = enabled, 0 = disabled
 9:54:17 Warning Message: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Malden\config.cpp, line 3154: '/CfgExileEnvironment/Altis/FireFlies.': '/' encountered instead of '='
 9:54:17 Warning Message: Config : some input after EndOfFile.

Edited by Razor77
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Razor77 said:

You have a few errors on other files, but also looks like the install of extdb3 is not correct too.  Or maybe a addon on that you might be using is still calling for extdb2

Hide contents

9:54:22 "ExileServer - Please have a look at @ExileServer/extDB/logs/ to find out what went wrong."
 9:54:22 "ExileServer - MySQL Error: Unable to locate extDB2 extension!"
 9:54:22 "ExileServer - Server will shutdown now :("
 9:54:22 CallExtension 'extDB2' could not be found

9:54:22 "<infiSTAR.de> 0 - infiSTAR_defines.hpp is not in your MPMission or you forgot to #include it within your description.ext   [21598x2 

9:54:17 Error context / 1 = enabled, 0 = disabled
 9:54:17 Warning Message: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Malden\config.cpp, line 3154: '/CfgExileEnvironment/Altis/FireFlies.': '/' encountered instead of '='
 9:54:17 Warning Message: Config : some input after EndOfFile.

I'm pretty sure that the extdb3 installation is correct, I checked it 3 times.

infiSTAR error; idk why the log says that, because infiSTAR is working fine, and I checked all files and are correct.

Error context and warning message; well, checked the error and I did not see the error that the log says, this is the Altis class:

class Altis 
	{
		class FireFlies
		{
			// 1 = enabled, 0 = disabled
			enable = 0;

// At this hour fire flies begin to spawn
			startHour = 18;

// At this hour fire flies stop spawning
			endHour = 4;
		};

The only option that makes sense is the "addon calling extdb2", but I tried to disable all addons and even infiSTAR, with the same result.

EDIT: I'm reinstalling the server from zero. I'll tell you if the issue remains after it.

Edited by kosako17
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Razor77 said:

are you calling for the overrides in your config.cpp.   Still looks like something is trying to call extdb2

Nope, the mission file is untouched, but I solved the problem. 

I switched from Malden to Altis and... MAGIC! It works. Maybe the Malden mission file has any issue with extdb3.

1 hour ago, kosako17 said:

Nope, the mission file is untouched, but I solved the problem. 

I switched from Malden to Altis and... MAGIC! It works. Maybe the Malden mission file has any issue with extdb3.

It shouldn't have any issues with extDB3; I wrote that mission file and used it on my personal Malden server with extDB3 up until very recently.

32 minutes ago, kuplion said:

It shouldn't have any issues with extDB3; I wrote that mission file and used it on my personal Malden server with extDB3 up until very recently.

So what could be causing my issue? I used the stock Exile.Malden file, only added the overwrites for extdb3.

1 hour ago, kosako17 said:

So what could be causing my issue? I used the stock Exile.Malden file, only added the overwrites for extdb3.

Without looking over all your server RPT files I honestly couldn't say. I just wanted to point out that it's not the Malden mission file as I (and hundreds of other people) use it absolutely fine.

Just to add to that, the one way a mission file would become incompatible is if you have a call in it to the wrong extension, which would only be added by the end user.

• Like 1

Advertisement