tinboye

Online.net experience?

Question

has anyone ever rented a box from online.net?

If so i would like to hear their experiences and compare to mine. I just started hosting with them. 3 days to setup my box, get things how I wanted, and then BAM! i lose connection. They tell me it will not power on, but want to charge me 65 Euro to transfer the HDD's to another box.

They want an additional 35 euro a month for what they call Premium support....

12 answers to this question

I'd say that's pretty fair support. I'm sure there is cheaper alternatives out there. But someone has to make money doing services.

21 minutes ago, tinboye said:

They tell me it will not power on, but want to charge me 65 Euro to transfer the HDD's to another box.

They want an additional 35 euro a month for what they call Premium support....

thats what i call premium stealing :( change ur host

Edited by Hakimos

Advertisement

I thought the service was a steal lol and that I was going to save money. With my previous it was 70 euro a month. this 1   40euro but I had to provide my own windows licence, better hardware and 3 x 250gb SSD.

server was working great, i had everything running good, had all my mods setup, symbolic links to point to them so all my servers would work with the 1 location, had all my mysql/phpmyadmin setup etc. i was editing my mission, then all of the sudden I lost remote assist connection. I login to online.net, shows my box has no power, then about 3 hrs later i see the status change to that it was in recovery mode. then they state that they have to move me to another box.

bah they need to do it for free not ask for payment dont give them anything their box was shity its their fault

if they didnt like that ask for a refund

they are telling me that i would have to wait till march 6th now, if they have to transfer the hdd's to the new server.

i had spent 3 days setting the server up the way I wanted, Installing windows server 2016, setting up IIS7, setting up components, permissions etc, downloading all the mods etc.

then nothing.

I feel defeated lol

the dedicated box hardware failed, i get that sh*t happens, its their lack of seeming to care that gets to me.  Now that I have talked further with them, what they did was provide me with a 2nd dedicated box, and leaving both boxes on my account until march 6th, and they are going to take the drives from the old and move to the new.  What they have not been clear on yet is if they are waiving the fee to do the transfer. The dedicated box is unmanaged, so there is zero support for the software end of things. They are providing me with the hardware, I get KMV and Restore mode, then I install my own OS, and go from there.

this is why it is half the cost of my old server.

Advertisement