NeverAgain

[Solved]Vector Building to server side

7 posts in this topic

Hi please how to add Vector building script to server side?No Mp mission folder.

7:27:32 Warning Message: Script x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_construction_beginExistingObject.sqf not found
 7:27:32 Warning Message: Script x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_construction_beginNewObject.sqf not found
 7:27:32 Warning Message: Script x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_construction_thread.sqf not found
 7:27:32 Warning Message: Script x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_gui_constructionMode_update.sqf not found
 7:27:32 Warning Message: Script x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_gui_hud_event_onKeyUp.sqf not found

THANKS!

Edited by NeverAgain

I might be wrong here, but could you not pbo all those files into a GmVectorBuilding.pbo

add that file under @exileserver\addons\

then within the mission, edit your CfgExileCustomCode

Spoiler

ExileClient_construction_beginExistingObject = "x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_construction_beginExistingObject.sqf";
ExileClient_construction_beginNewObject = "x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_construction_beginNewObject.sqf";
ExileClient_construction_thread = "x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_construction_thread.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_constructionMode_update = "x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_gui_constructionMode_update.sqf";
ExileClient_gui_hud_event_onKeyUp = "x\GmVectorBuilding\ExileClient_gui_hud_event_onKeyUp.sqf";

• Like 1

Advertisement

StokesMagee

This is wrong ?

>>>>I might be wrong here, but could you not pbo all those files into a GmVectorBuilding.pbo

add that file under @exileserver\addons\

then within the mission, edit your CfgExileCustomCode<<<<<<

This is my understanding; If the client needs to be able to execute or interact with the code then it MUST be in the mission file. If the code is for the server side then it can be on the server exclusively.

If I look at the PBO's on my own server, the only ones that are server-side only are "a3_custom", DMS, Occupation and ExileZ. None of these PBO's require client interaction. All my client related scripting like is inside my mission file at least partially.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:07 PM, Riker2335 said:

This is my understanding; If the client needs to be able to execute or interact with the code then it MUST be in the mission file. If the code is for the server side then it can be on the server exclusively.

You're able to store client code on the server, but things that are compiled in the ExileClient init cannot be overridden from a publicVariable. so to override something for ExileClient you would have to override it via mission then call your own function that gets publicVariable'ed from the server. 

• Like 1

Advertisement