Beowulfv

Player Interaction

5 posts in this topic

Have a little bit of an embarrassing question. I have been making custom actions, which I have gotten all to work except two. I'm trying to create player scroll wheel actions for things like "Heal Self". I have the base script written but I can't get the scroll wheel options to pop-up. My Heal Player, and other player to player interactions work perfectly. I tried using player addAction ["code"]; but still can't get it to work. Any tips you know about?

I tried adding it to the base script, to the init.sqf and the initPlayerLocal.sqf, but I could be doing something wrong.

Advertisement
16 minutes ago, tinboye said:

Look at config.cpp in mission folder. There is a class for interactions.

Already have. That's where I've declared my player to player interactions. Doesn't work for self interactions.

I would suggest studying exilereborn script, there are self interactions in there. stuff like cooking, wearing dead animal to keep warm, wring out clothing, search bushes for berries, etc.

might be able to learn from johno's scripts to make yours work

20 minutes ago, tinboye said:

I would suggest studying exilereborn script, there are self interactions in there. stuff like cooking, wearing dead animal to keep warm, wring out clothing, search bushes for berries, etc.

might be able to learn from johno's scripts to make yours work

I have. All those interactions call the player to interact with objects. You have to look at the object to get the scroll wheel option. I used that to create many of my player to player interactions. But when I try and recreate that for when you have an item on your person, nothing shows up. This is my dilemma.

Advertisement