oz1982

how to get the grid coordinates on map

8 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

I am adding the billboard script to my server, i'm a little lost as to what grids to use i will paste the default one that is in the Billboards.sqf.

_pos = [14620,16829,-1.12447];
_object = createVehicle ["Land_Billboard_F", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 135.117;
_object setPosATL _pos;
_object setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\yourpicture.paa"];
_object allowDamage false;

_pos=[is this just the three grids at the bottom of the eden editor? x,y,z?];

Many thanks for your help.

those are above sea level coordinates in x y z axis.

your best option is to open the map in eden, place your sign. then open attributes once you have it set where you want it.

there it will show you xyz and rotation ( _object setDir ), then open your sqf file, and here

_pos = [14620,16829,-1.12447];

you add your diff coordinates

_pos =[ [14620,16829,-1.12447],[x,y,z],[x,y,z],[x,y,z],[x,y,z]];

like so

your other option is to add the 3den Exile mod, and then in the editor place your signs, then at the top is an exile menu, where you can export the objects, copy and paste that code into your sqf file then include that file into your initserver.sqf

• Like 1

Advertisement

can i ask why you have 4 xyz after the above sea level coords? i ask as i only have 3 coords i can put in and the third one is 0.

Many thanks 

Hi Everyone,

ok, im now at about 8 hours + trying to put a sign on the map and add a picture to it... could anyone point me to a video that explains it in full?

im confused about the whole process, if i use eden plugin and put down a sign and put it in a file i make called sign.sqf  then run it from init.sqf i get nothing...and i also don't know how to add my texture to it this way... 

if i try to use the billboard script above, i'm stuck on coordinates needed, what ones to put where.... if anyone could point me to a tutorial i would really appreciate it. I've trawled the internet and this forum but i cant find anything that shows how to do it in the eden editor..

Many thanks 

Oz

4th is rotation, which way the object faces, in eden you also need the exile 3den mod

so you can export the signs in a way that exile script will read it properly. try placing the 4th coordinate at _object setDir 135.117;

Edited by tinboye

Advertisement