Johnny82

Blank fields in traders

Question

I just added NI Arms which i believe is the new version of HLC. I also added CBA v2.1... as HLC it needs this to work.

When i go into a trader (armory) i have all the normal arma stuff and apex weapons but i also have several blank fields where i can only assume HLC would be (or maybe its RHS & MAS - see below). Does anyone know how i can fix this or what i may have done wrong?

I also run RHS and MAS vehicles and weapons on the server but commented out the weapons from the trader list in the config file (i did this because i wanted to still have RHS & MAS vehicles on the server but only use stock arma and HLC weapons) and did a fresh loot table just to be sure nothing but vanilla exile stuff spawns as loot. 

Any help appreciated.

9 answers to this question

so assuming your using @red_ned Easy traders. You have added niarms to your config.cpp for arsenal and categories and commented out the mods your not using, added his cfgtraders.hpp, commented out the mods your not using, added niaarms to your mission.sqm and go to a trader, but none of the NIA items show in the list..

correct. have done all of that and just double checked it all there and found i had commented out mas and rhs vehicles, so i uncommented them. 

Now i try to join my server and i am stuck on the exile loading screen after clicking 'join'...

On my server console it shows that im connecting, checking UID, connected, and then verified, but nothing happens on my pc end, just still loading more stuff!

I could join an hour ago and i have no idea what i have done as all i did since i last connected was comment back in mas and rhs vehicles.

I presume I have to leave in HLC and NIARMS in the trader configs, or does NIARMS include all previously known HLC stuff?

I'm losing the will to live!

Edited by Johnny82

Advertisement

check your config files, probably missing  " , } or ; somewhere, check your client side and see what those rpt logs show, check your server_xxxx.log sometimes it will post things there.

question, did you enable both NIA and HLC? because they are the same mod, I have already addressed this after I read this thread to confirm, I looked at the 2 sets of files, and classnames are identical, SO by uncommenting HLC and NIA, it will give you errors.

I only have NIA uncommented. HLC is commented out and I deleted the folder as per easy trader instructions if not in use. I cannot find a } , or ; missing anywhere, or even an extra one.

logs are here:

http://pastebin.com/FCdbrW9m

and

http://pastebin.com/uy1XC6c8

Disabling CBA and NIA on the server leaves me with the same issue - im lost.

Edited by Johnny82

13 minutes ago, Johnny82 said:

I only have NIA uncommented. HLC is commented out and I deleted the folder as per easy trader instructions if not in use. I cannot find a } , or ; missing anywhere, or even an extra one.

logs are here:

http://pastebin.com/FCdbrW9m

and

http://pastebin.com/uy1XC6c8

Disabling CBA and NIA on the server leaves me with the same issue - im lost.

you need to pastebin the full RPT from restart to kick for us to help, but those #kicks are a little odd

the kicks are normal, have always been there - i use a restart script from the get go so it will do that from the first boot regardless. i restored to a previous virtual image (back to v1.66) just to get it up an running for the moment. I must have done something horrible (something tiny) as this has never happened to me before and im used to managing my server at this stage so pretty baffled to be honest. 

thanks for the help guys, much appreciated anyway. 

Finally got it working back on v1.66. Will update when new version of exile is released. Only thing is none of the niarms scopes seem to go into the rifles, only the default scopes work on them which I think is a bit strange seeing ad they are supposed to be scopes for the mod itself no?! Also no pistols in the niarms complete pack?

Problem was it seems exile doesn't like you using mas vehicles on its own without the weapon pack...

Edited by Johnny82

Advertisement