nrz

Halv's Paintshop ported to Exile

103 posts in this topic

+1 on this!

just the opportunity to take playermoney for the painting of a vehicle.

just needs to be simple as f.  fixed price of say 500 pt for every texture you apply.

any ideas on this?

Advertisement

side note:sometimes you will relog and be invisible when using backpack/uniform texturing.infistar doesnt recognize this so its a massive problem.we tested this and its like every few times you relog.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, B.A.D. said:

side note:sometimes you will relog and be invisible when using backpack/uniform texturing.infistar doesnt recognize this so its a massive problem.we tested this and its like every few times you relog.

I even had to take it out again, because it made my mission.pbo so huge that uploading, restarting the server and loading into the game needed way too long. The textures you have to put in your mission files are way too big.

i dont care about the size of my mission files,if you have a clue of jpeg compressing/exporting png and stuff a texture is like 50kb

players being invisible is what i´d care about...

noone´s got a clue  on taking money for texturing stuff?

Found how to add a price if you want to save the paint (vehicles)

Replace exileSavepaint.sqf  with:

Spoiler

private["_object","_vehicleObj","_objectNetId","_NR_usedTextures",'_inventoryAmount','_Pay'];
_object = _this select 0;
_vehicleObj = _object;
_objectNetId = netId _object;
_NR_usedTextures = getObjectTextures _vehicleObj;

_Pay = 1000;
_inventoryAmount = player getVariable ["ExileMoney", 0];
if (_inventoryAmount >= _Pay) then {
	_inventoryAmount = _inventoryAmount-_Pay;
	player setVariable ["ExileMoney",_inventoryAmount,true];

hint format["Removed %1 poptabs to save the Paint",_Pay];
	// hint format ["Vehicle textures = %1 \n \n ObjectNetId = %2 \n \n Object = %3", _NR_usedTextures, _ObjectNetId, _vehicleObj];

["saveVehiclePaintRequest",[_objectNetId,_NR_usedTextures]] call ExileClient_system_network_send;
}else{
	hint format ["You dont have enought poptabs to paint the car you need %1 poptabs you have %2",_Pay,_inventoryAmount];

}
/*
_object = cursorTarget;
_vehicleObj = _object;
_objectNetId = netId _object;
_object = typeOf _object;

_NR_usedTextures = getObjectTextures _vehicleObj;

hint format ["Vehicle textures = %1 \n \n ObjectNetId = %2", _NR_usedTextures, _ObjectNetId];
//["NR_exileSavePaintshop",[_NR_usedTextures,_ObjectNetId]] call ExileClient_system_network_send;

*/

/*_vehicleID = _vehicleObject getVariable ["ExileDatabaseID", -1];
	format["updateVehicleSkin:%1:%2", _NR_usedTextures, _vehicleID] call ExileServer_system_database_query_fireAndForget;*/

_Pay is the set amount of poptaps you pay.

My tests show that this work maybe edit the hint to a toaster but this works ;)

All creadit goes to nrz

• Like 1

@KnatteAnka

nice nice,thanks for that,but i want the game to deduct money for every texture,not only vehicles.so that a player will paint his uniform/backpack and it will also cost poptabs

also your way of doing this kicks you for setvariable "exilemoney" which is baaaad to allow

Edited by B.A.D.

20 hours ago, B.A.D. said:

@KnatteAnka

nice nice,thanks for that,but i want the game to deduct money for every texture,not only vehicles.so that a player will paint his uniform/backpack and it will also cost poptabs

also your way of doing this kicks you for setvariable "exilemoney" which is baaaad to allow

Ya that is right it is a security risk :( but it does work ;) can look to see how to do it at serverside to limit the risk but that is more work and maybe if you click apply paint(step before Save paint) then you need money for the button to do anything ;)

Edit:

Looked at the code and the paint of cars is saved in the databas on the server but what i can find the color of the bag and uniform is all done on the client and saved at the client. but it is still not imposible when i look at the payprotectionmoney code but its not fixed in one hr

Edited by KnatteAnka

Advertisement