Twrediker

Single player base building?

5 posts in this topic

So I've seen this asked dozens of times and no one has actually got an answer. I'm looking for a single player base building addon to play as a scenario and not online.  I've seen DP build everything and it's good. But it's basically a live editor. Do they have a addon for that? 

Single player /looting/ crafting/ base building? 

And if not, why? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I understand correctly, what you're asking for is a private Exile environment to play on the way you want without other players and potentially without any roaming AI or Zed? 

I see no reason why you couldn't set up your own ARMA 3 Exile server on your LAN that way, if you've got some general computer knowledge and a willingness to learn. You could even set it up on your own PC if it is pretty high spec and you don't have a spare PC to configure the server on. My Test/dev Exile server is just a virtual machine on my own computer for example.

To answer the other question about why - I'm sure there are single player sandbox games with crafting, looting and base building. I guess you're talking about things like Minecraft essentially. Exile is about the online PvP milsim experience with base building, crafting and looting mixed in. Can't really convert that easily to a single player experience....

• Like 2

Advertisement

I would love to host an exile server but I don't know how to set up a server. I've tried watching a few YouTube videos and they all have different methods, some which you have to buy software. Is there a guide you could link me. 

If I could get the extended base mod working in a scenario that would be perfect. 

Hello Twrediker,

There are many READING guides on here how to set up a server.  Depending upon your computer, you might even be able to pull this off on a single computer.

You HAVE TO READ how to do this.  While I cannot speak for others, I truly doubt any of us will 'hold your hand' because you will not read/research how to do this.

As far as what you're seeking, running an epoch/exile server will be about it.  I did see some SP mission where you could 'build' stuff, but, TO ME, it sounded kinda lame.

It is not hard to set up a server.  And if this 'gives you fits', then configuring will give you a stroke/heart attack.  It is MUCH harder to configure and setup things that to just 'dump ARMA' into some folder and think that is all there is to it.

If you can not write a simple SQS/SQF script and understand the BASICS of ARMA scripting, you will have an extremely hard time doing this.

Again RESEARCH, THIS SITE, AND GOOGLE will be your best bet!

Good luck!

:)

Advertisement