BetterDeadThanZed

Map displayed on loading screen

Question

Maybe I've just been too busy to notice the discussion, but I'm sure this is bothering other people too. Is there a way to fix it so when you load onto a server from the desktop, the proper map is displayed on the loading screen? If I join my Chernarus server from a3launcher or Arma 3's launcher, the loading screen shows Tanoa instead of Chernarus. Is there a fix for this?

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Maybe I've just been too busy to notice the discussion, but I'm sure this is bothering other people too. Is there a way to fix it so when you load onto a server from the desktop, the proper map is displayed on the loading screen? If I join my Chernarus server from a3launcher or Arma 3's launcher, the loading screen shows Tanoa instead of Chernarus. Is there a fix for this?

It will show properly after the first mission file download. Otherwise the game does not know what map your running since the mission file is not known to your client, yet.

Every repack from then it will show tanoa until it reads the new repacked mission file. I had the same question and ~20 times after restarting I realized this is the trend.

4 minutes ago, GamersRoost said:

It will show properly after the first mission file download. Otherwise the game does not know what map your running since the mission file is not known to your client, yet.

Every repack from then it will show tanoa until it reads the new repacked mission file. I had the same question and ~20 times after restarting I realized this is the trend.

Yeah well, I guess it was "real important" to remove the lobby... it's annoying but I guess I'll have to live with it.

Advertisement
14 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Yeah well, I guess it was "real important" to remove the lobby... it's annoying but I guess I'll have to live with it.

mpmissions\Exile.Chernarus\description.ext 
 Line 24: skipLobby = 0;

maybe that will work

Edited by GamersRoost

28 minutes ago, GamersRoost said:

mpmissions\Exile.Chernarus\description.ext 
 Line 24: skipLobby = 0;

maybe that will work

Nah, I tried that a long time ago. If it was that easy, I think most people would have that set.

3 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Nah, I tried that a long time ago. If it was that easy, I think most people would have that set.

You should rewrite it.

I would like to not skip the lobby.

42 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Do you know the meaning of the word "Most"?

Yeah. Not going there. Good try though!

I was trying to help answer your (as usual) ambiguous question.

15 minutes ago, GamersRoost said:

Yeah. Not going there. Good try though!

I was trying to help answer your (as usual) ambiguous question.

I understand the English language is a tricky one, especially for non-native speakers, so I understand your confusion completely.

Ya see, "I think" denotes an opinion, which may or may not be factually correct. Therefore my statement about "most" people would like to have the lobby back was an opinion. I hope that clarifies things for you.

Advertisement