Pariah1515

Drone / UAV bug

Question

Are there any plans to address the issue where multiple players can connect to a single drone?  I understand Exile puts everyone on the same team, so drones can be stolen by other players while switching from pilot to turret.  This happen to me last night while playing.  

I was in auto-hover and using the turret control, when someone else connected to my drone.  They flew it to a safe zone and packed it.  I was connected to the drone the entire time.  At no time did I disconnect or release controls.  Is there a work around for this currently or a way to prevent this from happenning, besides having two people on the same team in a drone as pilot & turret?

UAV usage adds a great dimension to the gameplay, but this bug kind of ruins it. :(

5 answers to this question

I wasn't aware that UAVs or static MGs are easily duped. Even so, getting back to the original point of the post, something should be done to make UAVs less easy to steal.

Making UAV terminals more expensive wouldn't really solve the issue. People would just keep one in their base and take it out of a safe to scan for UAVs. Zero risk to losing the UAV terminal.

Advertisement

I personally kinda like the idea of the drone being hijacked but can understand how frustrating it could be if people we just randomly controlling drones.

If it can't be prevented for some reason (maybe an ARMA 3 limitation) then maybe the server itself could make the UAV's cheap but the controller very expensive?  That would make people less likely to just carry around the UAV controllers to take over the drones randomly....

Anyway, hopefully someone has some better and more technical ideas but that's my low-tech suggestion......

Hello, 

I am pretty sure that exile devs can do something for that bug, like you said its really annoying and on next 1.5 update i dont have see anything about that...

May be its too difficult to solve that problem for exile dev team??!!

If some of dev team exile  see that message it can be cool to answer us.

Thanks in advace

It's a bad idea to even have the UAV's on your server because they can be duped rather easily. I had a whole team of players duping UAV's at one point. They ended up with like a dozen safes full of stuff, with full pop tabs and a ton of vehicles. The same goes with the static MG's.

Advertisement