Sign in to follow this  
Clearstrider

Space Not Working In Construction

Question

I recently laid down my base and I'm excited to build my new base. So I make a wood floor and I go to lay it down and I'm hitting space and it's not working. All the other commands work (up, down, large steps, small steps..) but when I hit space...nothing. So I ask the server and they said you have space bound to something else. So i remove space from everything and still nothing. 

However, I got pissed off and started moving around and just hitting space and the floor placed. But not where I wanted it. But I moved on and went to snap another floor to the existing one....nothing. So I said maybe it's wood floor, so i try to sit a tent down...nothing. I ask my buddy to do it and boom, no problem what so ever. I ask him what his presets are. Mine match exactly what his are. My keys are set for Arma Apex. The only thing space is used for is Default Action and Moved to pinged Place (never use).

I'm not sure what I need to do to fix the issue. It's a bit disheartening because if I can't build a base, I'll just stop playing.

Any help is appreciated!

14 answers to this question

Advertisement

Your character is linked to your UID which never changes. Only thing this will change is all your custom settings.

Edited by Beowulfv

Created a new profile and still won't place. Something I did notice is when I go to snap function and try and snap it the other floor it's red. But there is nothing obstructing it? In freemode its green but pushing space bar still does nothing.

12 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

It it's red, then you aren't building in your territory Limit. Upgrade your flag to allow more build parts and a larger radius.

I'm standing right on my flag. I know a base is only 15m, but is that smaller than 2 floor side by side?

Advertisement