Kurewe

External Restart Clock/Timer

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen or heard of a way to display a restart timer or mission uptime clock on a website or some other external location?

I've wondered about this on and off for a little while and never really put in the effort to look until today, since one of my players finally mentioned it. Although it's not a big deal, I'm sure we all get players that log in 10 minutes before restart. Sometimes they get frustrated with having to log off right away due to restart. If there was a way to see how much time before restart there was, without having to log in, that would be kinda cool.

Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet or I am overthinking it. But, I haven't been able to find anything, not even a question to see if it's possible. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisement

Thanks for the reply.

I was just about to edit for clarification. I have seen where a server or two has put a "dumb" countdown timer" on their site. However, I am pretty sure that is based on static restart times and they just syched the timer to loop according to their static restart times. I'm looking more for a query to the server to get the actual time left until the server restarts.

I'll wait for more input.

Has anyone seen or heard of a way to display a restart timer or mission uptime clock on a website or some other external location?

Yes I would be quite interested to know if and how this could be done as well, it's something we would use on our website as we have a few players in the US and 19:00 Zulu doesn't really mean much on the eastern seaboard without sitting there and working it out before you log into the server.

26 minutes ago, Kurewe said:

Thanks for the reply.

I was just about to edit for clarification. I have seen where a server or two has put a "dumb" countdown timer" on their site. However, I am pretty sure that is based on static restart times and they just syched the timer to loop according to their static restart times. I'm looking more for a query to the server to get the actual time left until the server restarts.

I'll wait for more input.

Nothing against my "dumb countdown timer" ;)
I just let the server restart using infiSTAR at certain hours and have a countdown timer counting down towards these hours 

Nothing to special but it works well ^^

The easiest way is to have static restart on your server, set to restart at certain times of the day, then add a basic javascript or php script to your website with the same set times.

If you want a timer that stays in sync with actual server restart times, you would need to have some kind of script that can see when a windows process starts up and ends. 

The other way is to pay a premium sub for gametracker.com which allows you to get xml information that links to your server and can place that in your website to track it realtime.

1 hour ago, GolovaRaoul said:

Nothing against my "dumb countdown timer"

LOL... I wasn't being derogatory.  You know what I meant. :P

14 minutes ago, tinboye said:

The other way is to pay a premium sub for gametracker.com which allows you to get xml information that links to your server and can place that in your website to track it realtime.

I looked at Gametracker and Battlemetrics. I didn't see anything on either one that would give "uptime". Did I miss it?

1 hour ago, MGTDB said:

You will need to write something in php

I figured it might go that direction. However, I have about zero skills in that area. Maybe this will spark an idea for someone who would be willing to give it a try.

• Like 1

Advertisement