Sign in to follow this  
RetardMagnet

Log players who enter territory

8 posts in this topic

Dunno if this has been asked before, or if it's even possible, but i would like to see a serverside log of wich players enter a territory.

Ex:

Player A has entered territory named ExileBase on date/time. Maybe even log poptab transfer inside territory to.

I'm asking this as we are having a problem of players glitching into locked base and containers on our PvE server.

Or are there any other ways to catch them?

Advertisement

And besides, what you ask for it quite worthless.

Example:  Two people enter a territory.  One glitches and the other does not.  Both enter and leave at the same time.  Now, who did what?  You do not know.

While I understand what you need, this will not provide the answer.

Yes, a scripting solution can be had, but I do not have such a script.  One possible method would be logging players who are standing on wood/concrete floors and are not a member of that territory's group.  Even then, this still have 'flaws'.  What if someone gave that person the code to their door?  Whoops!  See, it is not 'fool proof' either.

InfiSTAR may be your best bet to help combat this outside of using a non-InfiSTAR program/script to jump from base to base when you see someone in it.

To catch glitching, you have to catch them 'going thru the walls'.  Pretty much any other method will provide false results unless you catch them 'in the act'.

I know it's hard to prevent, but with the first method you atleast get a name. If needed you can then look more into that certain player, see if there is some suspicious activity.

Hey Mike, simple solution... setup a form on your website (we used a google forms but used their API to make it match our website).  Have a rolling message asking raiders to please report all base raids.  We required a screenshot and videos helped the cause.  At first, it was not widely accepted but it would save us a lot of headache.  In the end, it was a great solution and prevented the raiders from quickly profiting.  We noticed those who would glitch were usually new to the server.  Using my custom admin tools usually helped us determine who the raider was and if they were new.  The rule was a team had 24 hours to submit proof of raid.

If a raid was not submitted we would simply restore the base if needed and deduct the money from the players account or reset their account if they did not comply and complained.

Edited by Choppra

Advertisement