Beowulfv

infiSTAR Black Screen

7 posts in this topic

I have been trying to convert an older feature back into infiSTAR. Around version 46 there was a feature that would blackout player screens if they attempted to look thru walls when in third person. I have messaged Chris for help, but I figure he's a little busy to help me with this. I have tried using the other punishments, however I get a lot of complaints when using the kill feature (When running around an enemy base you get tagged as wall glitching when your not) and when I used the knockout feature it rolls your character thru the wall sometimes, which players would force disconnect and log back in on the other side of the wall. I have since set it to the kick option, but would like to just have their screens go black instead. If anyone has the time to take a look and help me to get this working, I would appreciate it. 

https://pastebin.com/fQ52MyfH

Edited by Beowulfv

Advertisement

It was sorta like that, but it was based around Exile objects "Exile_Construction_Abstract_Static". And infiSTAR already has an enemy base check function so if you are the owner or have build rights the punishment would ignore you.

Yeah I looked at everything. I would still need to come up with a function so it wouldn't affect owners and build rights, as well as admins of the server.

Bottom line being, it would be a lot more work to covert that to work with infiSTAR, rather than trying to convert an older pre-existing function of infiSTAR. I'll pass on that and keep working on what I have. If anyone wan'ts to help me, that would be great.

Edited by Beowulfv

Yes, I understand that. That's the file I'm editing because that's the file that has all the functions for infiSTAR. I'm simply trying to convert an older option to the new format. I don't want to make more work for myself than need be.

Advertisement