JerryF

DB doesn´t save anything at my territory anymore

9 posts in this topic

Let me explain.

If i store stuff in the crates in my base, or in my vehicle, parked in my territory, that stuff is gone after the next server restart.

But if i store stuff outside of my territory in my vehicle(for example), the stuff stays there after a server restart.

It seems at it has something to do with my territory and my DB.

The problem is, i don´t have any clue where i should start to search for the error. What could i do now?

Has anbody an idea?

Advertisement

Back and here is the Pastebin

Don´t get shocked, i even couldn´t get rid of that " Error compiling '' in 'HitPelvis"(etc) thingy, even with the fix.

And i am trying to get rid of other error messages, but as a noob...

:)

Edited by JerryF

Help, pleeeeeeaaaaaase.... :)

Nobody any clue where i could start to search for the error?

Or what else could i do, could i reset my DB somehow? I don´t want to break the whole server (too many days of work invested)....

Since i am playing alone on the server it would just affect me and i wouldn´t care about beginning from zero. But it really makes no sense to play without being able to store stuff at the base, so i rather would start from scratch if nobody has a clue what i could do to make my territory save things again.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello JerryF,

Sometimes, issues with the DB are related to a poorly written mod affecting the DB.

Since it is just you, try this:

#1 -BACK UP CURRENT DB!   Stop Server FIRST - Then after Back up, start again!

#2 - Wipe/reset DB using the MySQL script that comes with Exile server

#3 - Start server WITHOUT ANY MODS EXCEPT EXILE

#4 - TEST

#5 - If works, then restore backup DB and TEST AGAIN (NO MODS!)

If it works, then I would be willing to bet you have either misconfigured a mod and/or you're using a poorly written mod.

If it fails at #3, then I suspect bad Exile (sever/client) install and/or misconfigured Exile.

You also can go in and change your Steam ID in the DB to some other number with everything in place and test that as well.  Change your existing ID from 76??? to 99??? or some other number.  This will make the server 'think' you're a 'new player'.  And a new table will be created for you, then you try your building/saving stuff again.

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 2

Thanks for your help!!!!

But i am hanging at step one...

I can´t even figure out how to make a backup of my DB, can´t find anything in my PHPMyAdmin.

Sorry, but i have no clue from that DB stuff :)

Edit:

Might it be that i do this with export(hope this is right, mine is in german)?

Edit again:

I guess this the right way to save my DB. Am i right that i have to copy the whole content of the backup at once, put it in SQL in my PHPMyAdmin and press ok to restore?

Edited by JerryF

I would suggest using MySQLWorkbench.  PHPAdmin DOES have an option to perform a backup.  You need to do some research on this.  Not that I am being 'mean', I just do not remember where it is.

And you have not really done any research either...tisk...tisk...tisk...  ;)

See:  https://www.google.com/#q=phpmyadmin+backup

Look at FIRST LINK;)

People are usually willing to help, IF, YOU have TRIED!  This is true in life, not just in Exile!  If one is lazy, then help will be in short supply while tarnishing your image to others at the same time!.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I never thought that you are mean, i was glad that someone tried to help.

And i did research but found nothing, first then i make a complete idiot of me and ask things like a little child. Just because i found nothing that would help me, but maybe i am even not good in researching... :)

In any case, i tried a bit around and learned how everything works(in an hour), i didn´t even mind about breaking the whole server anymore, so i could test a bit around. That helped more than searching the web for answers.

I am stuck at one last little thing, but i am afraid to ask here, because people might think that i am lazy and didn´t try hard enough, that i wouldn´t sit here for hours, days, weeks and months and trying everything. And asking first when i have no clue anymore, because i am not a born pro in setting up arma exile servers, that can spend all of his time for that. That means when i really need help, when there is no reason to play anymore before that problem is fixed. If i wouldn´t have a broken leg right now, i wouldn´t even have 6, 8, or more hours a day to sink in server-work, but good that other people know how lazy i am...

And i lazy fool thought community forums are there for people to ask for help too.

From now i will figure out everything by myself, and if it doesn´t work, i simply stop to pay for a server and sinking time in server work and playing Exile. I don´t need to become a "server-pro" too, that accuses others to be lazy, just because others are not so good in all that server stuff and need help.

"Thanks", that made my day!

And byebye Exile forum for a while, or maybe forever, i don´t need people that make me angry when i need help.

That doesn´t mean that the majority of the members here wouldn´t be helpful and nice(99%!!!), but a few "rotten apples"("server-heroes" that think that everybody has to know what they know, by birth, as it seems) are enough to destroy one´s fun at doing things...

Seems now i will become lazy and will save some money, time and nerves!

Thanks again, Z80CPU

Btw, if you are not really willing to help somebody, simply don´t answer to such threads at all, before you start to accuse people of being lazy!

I am out!

Edited by JerryF

Well, by my Google link, it would show that you did not even do a basic Google search.  This is what I took issues with.  Also, your English comprehension skills are lacking quite a deal too.  I stated, and I quote "If one is lazy...".  Now, where in that statement did I state you WERE lazy?  You wished to add words to something I never stated.

You need to 'grow up'.  Your attempts at solving your issue where minimal and you got your little feelings hurt because your answer was not handed to you on a 'silver platter'.

Not only that, you complain when you ventured into a field where you have no knowledge in and expect people to 'fix your problems'.  Sorry, real life does not work that way.  You better go ask your Mommy or Daddy to help you.

You LEARN BY DOING, NOT by having everything handed to you!

Once you GROW UP and get out into the REAL WORLD, ON YOUR OWN, you find this to be quite true real quick.

And for your information, NO ONE helped you BUT ME.  So whine all you wish, I care not.  And also, Poor little boy, when I started with ARMA servers, NO ONE HELPED ME.  I LEARNED IT ALL BY RESEARCH.  I have NEVER asked a question on here - EVER!  Why?  I RESEARCH.  Something you FAILED TO DO as shown by the basic Google search link I provided.  You could not even put into Google "phpmyadmin backup".  That was 'too hard'.

I will concur with you on one thing.  Due to your extremely limited knowledge and poor attitude, a server would be a total waste of money and time.  Your behavior would also push people away from your server as well.

Say what you wish, all I have done was to speak the truth and be polite.   Be thankful that someone attempted to help you when no one else would.

Also, do not forget what 'help' even means:  It means to ASSIST YOU, NOT DO IT FOR YOU!

Grow up and you will be a better person in the end!

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

Advertisement