Chainsaw Squirrel

Eden Plugin .. Max Limit of items to convert ?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know what the max limit of items eden plugin can handle to convert to simple object ? 
I made all the traders in one file .. 5 of them .. I run sanity check .. it gives me the list . but when I try to convert in on shows the cans on one or two in an area.

using exile 3den to export objects? if so, clicked the copy button? or click dragging inside the box and pasting to txt file?

reason im asking, is my chernarus map has over 4k objects, some simple,some simulated.

Edited by tinboye

Advertisement

In the editor .. making traders.. I made all new traders for altis .. moved some added some .. ran the sanity check .. showed me what I knew it would say .. I ran the simplify .it only popped the cans on a gun here and there , does it only work on default a3 weapons maybe ?? not mods added to the server ? and yes they were loaded when started the editor :)
And using eden to export the files .. copy paste to notepad++ does it just not show for all of them ?

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

sorry, i didnt catch the part where you mentioned sanity check lol

that would have clued me in that you were using Exile 3Den

could you PM me your initserver.sqf and initplayerlocal.sqm and mission.sqm, and i can take a look at what may be going on.

At this time Im just trying to figure out why it doesn't show up in editor .. haven't even tried to post these live yet .. but they still arent converting them even in editor player when u test .. can still pick up most .. might be a 1.68 bug .. unless others have done it lately succesfully

I know what you mean @Chainsaw Squirrel. If you try to include uniforms on a table, for example.. They don't export in the initserver.sqf of exile3den.  And if you highlight them and choose convert to simple object they stay their visually, but they produce an empty can and put in as string of code called "because arma"

Some clarification on how that specific feature works would be helpful.

I'm facing the same thing.    I have over 1000 "vehicles" I want to convert to simple objects.  I select all.  But when I convert them, it only converts one or two objects.   And without changing my selection group, I just continue to click "convert to simple object" over and over, watching one or two more items convert each time.  At this rate, it'll take awhile to convert them all.   I guess it just doesn't convert very many at a time regardless of what's selected.

No one has figured a way to mass convert to simple objects?   Highlighting all of them and then doing a simple convert only converts one of the many selected objects at a time.  I converted some one-by-one and compared the files thinking I could come up with a routine to step through the vehicles and convert them.  Problem is that the object names aren't always the same once converted.    There must be a lookup somewhere to make that association.  

Advertisement