kuplion

[RELEASE] ExileZ Mod by [FPS]kuplion - Based on ExileZ 2.0 by Patrix87

659 posts in this topic

So this is a weird one. 

I was running the previous version of the script and everything's been great. 

I updated today. Loaded in for testing. The zombies in the horde (correct term?) area (northwest island on my Tanoa map for example) work fine and will chase you around and what not. But I teleported into Georgetown to test there and after about 2 min a horde spawns that contained the special zombies and what not and they all start attacking one another. None of them cared that I was there or even bothered to go after me. They'll start walking at one another, attack and hunt the rest of the zombies until one is left standing and that one will walk away and keep walking. It doesn't seem to be happening with the harassment spawned zombies, only the large group that spawns at once. 

any thoughts?

Edited by fifthmanstanding

15 minutes ago, fifthmanstanding said:

So this is a weird one. 

I was running the previous version of the script and everything's been great. 

I updated today. Loaded in for testing. The zombies in the horde (correct term?) area (northwest island on my Tanoa map for example) work fine and will chase you around and what not. But I teleported into Georgetown to test there and after about 2 min a horde spawns that contained the special zombies and what not and they all start attacking one another. None of them cared that I was there or even bothered to go after me. They'll start walking at one another, attack and hunt the rest of the zombies until one is left standing and that one will walk away and keep walking. It doesn't seem to be happening with the harassment spawned zombies, only the large group that spawns at once. 

any thoughts?

Are you able to repeat it? Generally this happens when the server is lagging (and can be seen in DMS/Occupation too sometimes). If they behave normally the rest of the time, I'd chalk it up to Arma. lol

Advertisement
4 minutes ago, fifthmanstanding said:

Yeah I've logged off and on twice and it's happened twice that I've seen now. It's only the large group spawn, never the harassment zombies or those that spawn in the red mission zone. 

As in the actual Horde spawn? Hmmm. I tested those for about an hour or so and they never once attacked each other. I'll jump on now again to test..

5 minutes ago, kuplion said:

As in the actual Horde spawn? Hmmm. I tested those for about an hour or so and they never once attacked each other. I'll jump on now again to test..

See I'm not sure what exactly the "horde" is. 

I see the horde related settings, and I assume it's the mass group spawn that occurs all at once in normal cities/towns etc. I'm not referring to the group that spawns in the map indicated large red ring zone, I think the file refers to that area as "no man's land".

But yes it's a large spawn group of about 8-10 zombies that spawn all at once. It's happened twice now, once in Georgetown and once in Regina. 

Is it potentially because they're spawning as different ai groups? like OPFOR vs NATO?

Anyway,I caught it on video for you occurring again in Georgetown (apologies for running around so crazy but you can see them attacking one another):

6 minutes ago, fifthmanstanding said:

See I'm not sure what exactly the "horde" is. 

I see the horde related settings, and I assume it's the mass group spawn that occurs all at once in normal cities/towns etc. I'm not referring to the group that spawns in the map indicated large red ring zone, I think the file refers to that area as "no man's land".

But yes it's a large spawn group of about 8-10 zombies that spawn all at once. It's happened twice now, once in Georgetown and once in Regina. 

Is it potentially because they're spawning as different ai groups? like OPFOR vs NATO?

Anyway,I caught it on video for you occurring again in Georgetown (apologies for running around so crazy but you can see them attacking one another):

Hmmmm. I'm testing this right now and they're not attacking each other for me. Do you have InfiSTAR? If so could you turn on AI ESP and Map Icons (and then AI) and check the group numbers, they should all be in the same groups.

24 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Hmmmm. I'm testing this right now and they're not attacking each other for me. Do you have InfiSTAR? If so could you turn on AI ESP and Map Icons (and then AI) and check the group numbers, they should all be in the same groups.

do you want that for harassment zeds or for the big horde group?

4 minutes ago, fifthmanstanding said:

do you want that for harassment zeds or for the big horde group?

Try both. No need for a vid, just confirm they're in the same or different groups when they spawn around a player.

I loaded back in and the harassment zombies spawned as group 22 but they've been working fine. A horde (still unsure if I'm applying the term to the correct thing) spawned in and they were all also group 22 and everything worked as it should. The server went down for restart so I loaded in again to test. First two harassment zeds spawned as group 18, units 2. I stood around for awhile, no horde. Then I shot those two to see if something would happen. 3rd harassment zed spawned as group 19 and almost immediately a horde spawned as group 19 units 10, just as it should with no hostility between the zeds. 

So I dunno what the deal is man. The video I posted was the third time it happened, so it can't have simply alleviated itself right?

31 minutes ago, fifthmanstanding said:

I loaded back in and the harassment zombies spawned as group 22 but they've been working fine. A horde (still unsure if I'm applying the term to the correct thing) spawned in and they were all also group 22 and everything worked as it should. The server went down for restart so I loaded in again to test. First two harassment zeds spawned as group 18, units 2. I stood around for awhile, no horde. Then I shot those two to see if something would happen. 3rd harassment zed spawned as group 19 and almost immediately a horde spawned as group 19 units 10, just as it should with no hostility between the zeds. 

So I dunno what the deal is man. The video I posted was the third time it happened, so it can't have simply alleviated itself right?

Normally the grouping/hostility issue is caused by server lag. It could have been that.

Advertisement