kuplion

[RELEASE] ExileZ Mod by [FPS]kuplion - Based on ExileZ 2.0 by Patrix87

657 posts in this topic

Advertisement

RyanZM have a few interesting features like RyanZM_ModuleInfection - a  resurrection module & if I remember correctly a built-in exploding heads , is it something that could be used and configured at the moment via exilez and if not , would you consider adding it?

12 hours ago, Chernaruski said:

RyanZM have a few interesting features like RyanZM_ModuleInfection - a  resurrection module & if I remember correctly a built-in exploding heads , is it something that could be used and configured at the moment via exilez and if not , would you consider adding it?

I'd definitely look at adding some of these modules but I've been so busy IRL (and currently homeless/sofa surfing) that I've not had time. Once I get my new place I'll make it a priority to look at these.

• Like 2

Firstly, thanks @kuplion for your excellent scripts. 

I'm a long-time reader but first-time poster. ExileZ is working fantastically, but the one feature I want to implement that I really can't figure out is turning off the red map markers that display the spawn zones. I've tried a number of things - the main one being changing Show Trigger On Map to false - but nothing seems to work. Interestingly, I added an extra trigger for smaller military zones on Altis and those areas don't show up on the map. 

Here's a snapshot of one of the triggers. 

EZM_Trigger_1 = [				 //Cities
/* 0  Use this trigger */    True,               // Self - explanatory
/* 1  Trigger Positions */   EZM_Extra1,         // The name of the array used to list all trigger position in the TriggerPositions.sqf file
/* 2  Max Zombies */         25,                 // The maximum number of zombies for that trigger.
/* 3  Activation Delay */    2,                  // The delay before the activation of the trigger.
/* 4  Spawn Delay */         5,                  // The delay between each zombie spawn right after the activation until the Max group size is reached.
/* 5  Respawn Delay */       600,                // The respawn delay after the max group size was reached
/* 6  Show Trigger On Map */ false,              // Put a marker at the location and radius of the trigger on the map
/* 7  Marker Color */        "ColorRed",         // Color of the trigger
/* 8  MarkerBrush */         "Solid",            // "Solid","SolidFull","Horizontal","Vertical","Grid","FDiagonal","BDiagonal","DiagGrid","Cross","Border","SolidBorder"
/* 9  Marker Alpha */        0,                  // Alpha of the trigger *(0 is invisible 1 is opaque)
/* 10 Marker Text */         "",                 // The text on the trigger
/* 11 Vest group */          EZM_Nothing,        // The name of the Array used to list all the possible vest for that trigger. ZVest.sqf
/* 12 Loot group */          EZM_Nothing,        // The name of the Array used to list all the possible loot for that trigger. ZLoot.sqf
/* 13 Zombie group */        EZM_MediumCiv,      // The name of the Group used to list the zombies possible for that trigger.  ZClasses.sqf
/* 14 Mission Radius */      0,                  // Up to how far from the center of the trigger the mission LOOT can spawn.
/* 15 Mission SQF */         nil,                // The location of the Mission file related to that trigger *(use M3Editor to create the file.) THIS IS STATIC AND WILL NOT MOVE WITH THE TRIGGER
/* 16 Loot Box */            nil                 // The location of the Missionloot file related to that trigger *(See example file zmissionloot.sqf)
];

The settings here are obviously used in part, because the correct number of zombies spawn, respawn delays are fine, but the map bits won't. As you can see I've also got the marker alpha set to 0 (but this may be an icon that's hidden?). 

Am I missing something? Any help that anyone could provide would be awesome. Cheers.

9 hours ago, Cillo said:

Firstly, thanks @kuplion for your excellent scripts. 

I'm a long-time reader but first-time poster. ExileZ is working fantastically, but the one feature I want to implement that I really can't figure out is turning off the red map markers that display the spawn zones. I've tried a number of things - the main one being changing Show Trigger On Map to false - but nothing seems to work. Interestingly, I added an extra trigger for smaller military zones on Altis and those areas don't show up on the map. 

Here's a snapshot of one of the triggers. 

EZM_Trigger_1 = [				 //Cities
/* 0  Use this trigger */    True,               // Self - explanatory
/* 1  Trigger Positions */   EZM_Extra1,         // The name of the array used to list all trigger position in the TriggerPositions.sqf file
/* 2  Max Zombies */         25,                 // The maximum number of zombies for that trigger.
/* 3  Activation Delay */    2,                  // The delay before the activation of the trigger.
/* 4  Spawn Delay */         5,                  // The delay between each zombie spawn right after the activation until the Max group size is reached.
/* 5  Respawn Delay */       600,                // The respawn delay after the max group size was reached
/* 6  Show Trigger On Map */ false,              // Put a marker at the location and radius of the trigger on the map
/* 7  Marker Color */        "ColorRed",         // Color of the trigger
/* 8  MarkerBrush */         "Solid",            // "Solid","SolidFull","Horizontal","Vertical","Grid","FDiagonal","BDiagonal","DiagGrid","Cross","Border","SolidBorder"
/* 9  Marker Alpha */        0,                  // Alpha of the trigger *(0 is invisible 1 is opaque)
/* 10 Marker Text */         "",                 // The text on the trigger
/* 11 Vest group */          EZM_Nothing,        // The name of the Array used to list all the possible vest for that trigger. ZVest.sqf
/* 12 Loot group */          EZM_Nothing,        // The name of the Array used to list all the possible loot for that trigger. ZLoot.sqf
/* 13 Zombie group */        EZM_MediumCiv,      // The name of the Group used to list the zombies possible for that trigger.  ZClasses.sqf
/* 14 Mission Radius */      0,                  // Up to how far from the center of the trigger the mission LOOT can spawn.
/* 15 Mission SQF */         nil,                // The location of the Mission file related to that trigger *(use M3Editor to create the file.) THIS IS STATIC AND WILL NOT MOVE WITH THE TRIGGER
/* 16 Loot Box */            nil                 // The location of the Missionloot file related to that trigger *(See example file zmissionloot.sqf)
];

The settings here are obviously used in part, because the correct number of zombies spawn, respawn delays are fine, but the map bits won't. As you can see I've also got the marker alpha set to 0 (but this may be an icon that's hidden?). 

Am I missing something? Any help that anyone could provide would be awesome. Cheers.

That should be enough to hide the markers. Are you re-compiling your pbo after making changes?

2 hours ago, kuplion said:

That should be enough to hide the markers. Are you re-compiling your pbo after making changes?

Yeah, I am. I even tried commenting out this whole part in CreateTriggers.sqf and it doesn't seem to make a difference: 

if (_showTriggerOnMap) then {
	// circle
	_marker = createmarker [format["Zombies-pos-%1,%2",(_triggerPosition select 0),(_triggerPosition select 1)], _triggerPosition];
	_marker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
	_marker setMarkerSize [_triggerRadius, _triggerRadius];
	_marker setMarkerAlpha _zMarkerAlpha;
	_marker setMarkerColor _zMarkerColor;
	_marker setMarkerBrush _zMarkerBrush;
	// dot and text
	if !(_zMarkerText == "") then 
	{
		_marker2 = createmarker [format["Zombies-pos-%1,%2-2",(_triggerPosition select 0),(_triggerPosition select 1)], _triggerPosition];
		_marker2 setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";

_marker2 setMarkerSize [_triggerRadius, _triggerRadius];
		_marker2 setMarkerColor "ColorBlack";
		_marker2 setMarkerBrush "Border";

_marker3 = createmarker [format["Zombies-pos-%1,%2-3",(_triggerPosition select 0),(_triggerPosition select 1)], _triggerPosition];
		_marker3 setMarkerShape "ICON";
		_marker3 setMarkerColor "ColorWhite";
		_marker3 setMarkerType "KIA";
		_marker3 setMarkerText _zMarkerText;
	};
};

Prior to that I'd tried setting the marker shape to EMPTY and messing with the colour/brush settings here, none of which seemed to have any effect. Seems really weird. The really weird bit is that those custom triggers I made don't show on the map but they do work. I'd also tried manually recreating all of the five default triggers, but the map didn't seem to hide the original ones either. 

32 minutes ago, Cillo said:

Yeah, I am. I even tried commenting out this whole part in CreateTriggers.sqf and it doesn't seem to make a difference: 

if (_showTriggerOnMap) then {
	// circle
	_marker = createmarker [format["Zombies-pos-%1,%2",(_triggerPosition select 0),(_triggerPosition select 1)], _triggerPosition];
	_marker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
	_marker setMarkerSize [_triggerRadius, _triggerRadius];
	_marker setMarkerAlpha _zMarkerAlpha;
	_marker setMarkerColor _zMarkerColor;
	_marker setMarkerBrush _zMarkerBrush;
	// dot and text
	if !(_zMarkerText == "") then 
	{
		_marker2 = createmarker [format["Zombies-pos-%1,%2-2",(_triggerPosition select 0),(_triggerPosition select 1)], _triggerPosition];
		_marker2 setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";

_marker2 setMarkerSize [_triggerRadius, _triggerRadius];
		_marker2 setMarkerColor "ColorBlack";
		_marker2 setMarkerBrush "Border";

_marker3 = createmarker [format["Zombies-pos-%1,%2-3",(_triggerPosition select 0),(_triggerPosition select 1)], _triggerPosition];
		_marker3 setMarkerShape "ICON";
		_marker3 setMarkerColor "ColorWhite";
		_marker3 setMarkerType "KIA";
		_marker3 setMarkerText _zMarkerText;
	};
};

Prior to that I'd tried setting the marker shape to EMPTY and messing with the colour/brush settings here, none of which seemed to have any effect. Seems really weird. The really weird bit is that those custom triggers I made don't show on the map but they do work. I'd also tried manually recreating all of the five default triggers, but the map didn't seem to hide the original ones either. 

If commenting that out doesn't make any difference, you must have another copy being loaded somewhere else.

Fantastic news @kuplion.  Thanks!

PS: Have you checked the Resurrection thingy?  Is it possible to add this option ?  It may conflict with revival system , but lets say I'm still
interested in it, what are the publicvariables for it?

Edited by Chernaruski

Advertisement