Sign in to follow this  
Rebellion

Got a few problems with Altis

Question

Not quite sure where to begin here. Having a few problems with an exile server that, at one point was working (Prior to update regarding x64 version of Arma 3). Updated server files today with updated versions of armaserver etc (32 bit and 64 bit) but have hit a few glitches getting it running again. A couple of problems seem to be occuring. Firstly the dreaded Call extension with extDB2 not loading - checked it over with a fine tooth pick - and this should not be happening as do have vcredist installed correctly (x86 and x64). Made sure I am running 32 bit armaserver (ie armaserver.exe instead of armaserver_x64.exe). Secondly I have noticed that when joining server the loading screen shows Tanoa as loading (as indicated by the Tanoa picture on top right and displaying "Tanoa" beneath it) when it should be Altis that should be loading. With this I checked that my config was showing as "Exile.Altis" (Check! It is!) and obviously the ONLY map template I have in my mpmissions folder is "Exile.Altis(.PBO)".

Now usually I would supply all relevant information from logs etc if I have a problem, but this has got me so damn stumped im not sure where to start.

What I will do though is anyone having a think over this - just request any relevant information/logs/etc and ill post as replies. Think that might be the best course to take as I dont want to overfill with anything irrelevant.

If I cant find a solution before long I may have to start over from scratch and see if I can find a result doing things that way - though of course, I would very much rather not take that route.

3 answers to this question

Hello Rebillion,

I will only address the 'Tanoa picture' issue.  When ARMA loads up, BY DEFAULT, it loads Tanoa.  Even if you load Altis, you will see the Tanoa map.  Do not think so?  Load Altis once, then exit out and reload.  'Magically', it will be Altis.  ARMA (in my opinion) is loading the map pic BEFORE it loads the map - ie, caching it.  Why?  Personally, I think it is a bug with ARMA, albeit, a cosmetic one.

How to 'fix'?  Outside of loading Altis twice, the only other thing I can think of is to replace the Tanona pic with the Altis one.  That 'trick' would work.

:)

OK, Z80, thats the pic issue pointed out to me...so that shouldnt be a problem. Cheers for letting me know that, was just wondering as I had seen other posts regarding that issue but looks like its not a game breaker issue.

And now it seems I've resolved my issue regarding my extDB issue with the call extension not loading. I just compared my arma server Altis and Tanoa root folders and it seemed I had overlooked a few files that I did not have in my Altis root folder. Copied from one to the other and now that issue seems to have disappeared. Fingers crossed my Altis server should now be working.

Advertisement