Sign in to follow this  
Phippy

Need help with my server pt2

Question

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, but after 4 hours of trying to find straight forward information my brain is frazzled. I just got myself an Exile server, being hosted with GTXgaming. I have the following installed:

DMS - Defent's Mission System
DMS - Advanced Settings

Exile Occupation

ZCP - Zupa's Capture Points

Advanced Settings Tool

Advanced Sling Loading

Advanced Towing

CUP

Extended Base Mod

TRYK uniforms

PHPMyAdmin

Server Messages

What i want to be able to do is, have a couple static traders located in safe zones, have random numbers of AI spawn at crash sites/supply drops/missions, and have lots of PVE elements. I want to use the Tanoa map, and have bridges connecting the islands so you are not limited in transportation. 

Im new to this whole server thing, so when i see an article that tells me to go to a location and edit a file (that i can't find) then it gets frustrating. =/ can anyone point me to a simple guide?? Or better yet, a place where i can find some code i can simply copy and paste into place? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Phippy

Oh, and if this isn't where these questions are supposed to go, i would kindly ask that moderator take the time to let me know where i should be posting this, rather then make another snarky comment and not tell me where i should be looking. That would be great.

Edited by Phippy

3 answers to this question

Thank you for the reply!

I totally understand that i need to do all this, im not asking someone to do it for me =) But you said there are articles on here explaining all these things, and im not finding them. =/ do you have a link to them? Is there a specific section for them?

Thank you

ok, perfect! So i just need to research each mod in order to figure it out. Time consuming, but i didn't expect this to be easy. Thank you Crazy Mike! I wasn't sure if any of this was covered by the base exile mod or if it was all external. 

Hello Phippy,

Static Traders - YOU have to place them and then import them into Exile.  There are articles on here explaining this.

AI - YOU have to modify/read the instructions for the mod.  In the worse case, you will have to change the code a tad to reflect a random number versus a set number.  A VERY easy task to do.

Bridges - Download the add-on (listed on this website) and install according to the instructions.  I have heard some people say it is buggy.  I think it is only buggy if you do 1000 mph/kmph on the bridge.  I have never had an issue using CUP or Bohemia vehicles on the bridge mod while driving NORMAL (<60 mph).

"Or better yet, a place where i can find some code i can simply copy and paste into place " - While I understand your concerns, this is NOT how to do it.  What will you do when some other issue comes up?  And it WILL.  You NEED to LEARN how to do these things.  Otherwise, you are just wasting your time and money.

For better info on this see (last two posts): 

:)

Advertisement